Phone is locked when restarted

jkiter

Reaction score
Got my droid a few weeks ago and loaded the apps that I wanted and put some songs (itunes and other mp3 music). Now when I turn off my phone and turn it back on it locks up for about 3-5 minutes and reboots. SOmetimes there is an icon with two arrows in a circle (syncing maybe) in the notification bar. This wasnt happening before and I am not 100% sure what apps I downloaded since my last restart without locking up.

Is there a reason why it is now doing this?

Thanks for your help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got my droid a few weeks ago and loaded the apps that I wanted and put some songs (itunes and other mp3 music). Now when I turn off my phone and turn it back on it locks up for about 3-5 minutes and reboots. SOmetimes there is an icon with two arrows in a circle (syncing maybe) in the notification bar. This wasnt happening before and I am not 100% sure what apps I downloaded since my last restart without locking up.

Is there a reason why it is now doing this?

Thanks for your help.

Usually that's an indication that your SD card is being prepared although it shouldn't take that long so perhaps it is an app that is holding you up.

Since you're not sure what app it may be the only real way for you to clear it up may be a Factory Data Reset out of your privacy sections. You will lose all you unpaid apps and data doing this but your paid apps will be in the Market in your downloads and you can load your unpaid apps on a as needed basis. You'll probably find the problem app doing this as well.

OP
J

jkiter

Reaction score
Could this be due to copying iTunes music over with the click and drag option? I might try deleting the music and see if that is the problem.

OP
J

jkiter

Reaction score
Well I removed all of the mp3's from the phone restarted it and appears to be fine. I will try copying my music CD by CD. And see what is going on.