Quit / Turn Off Music

Eddie

Reaction score
When playing MP3's on the Droid how do you quit or turn it off?

OP
Eddie

Eddie

Reaction score
But it still shows the selected song playing. I have been hitting pause. Also power cycling the phone will quit the player.

So I guess I need to make a feature request.

OP
Eddie

Eddie

Reaction score
So it really sounds like we need to make a feature request!

alphabuild

Reaction score
So it really sounds like we need to make a feature request!

No. There is no missing feature here.

I am not understanding what you are saying. If you hit Pause or pull your headphones out the song doesn't pause and you continue to HEAR music playing?

If you want to close the app. Hit the Home button.

thaJack

Reaction score
Pause the song, then press the home button to return back to the home screen. You don't need to stop or turn off anything.

OP
Eddie

Eddie

Reaction score
Pause the song, then press the home button to return back to the home screen. You don't need to stop or turn off anything.

Well "PAUSE" is not quit or stop or exit! And pulling out the headphones does not stop anything. When you pull out the head phones the music comes from the phones speaker.

There should be a quit without having to get another app just to kill the task.

moparharn

Reaction score
My music player starts to play any random song as soon as it connects to the

sync system in my car. This is driving me nuts. It issues a notification and I have to remove the phone from my holster and press and hold the top of the screen and drag down the notification. Hit the music player message, pause the song, return to the home screen, turn off the screen and put the phone back in the holster. BS

JLB09

Reaction score

This is easy enough to do but I wish there was a timer for the songs, where I could set it for maybe an hour and then they would power off ... is that too much to hope for?

stumpie

Reaction score

This is easy enough to do but I wish there was a timer for the songs, where I could set it for maybe an hour and then they would power off ... is that too much to hope for?

There is an app called " SleepTimer " ..

silverx10

Reaction score
I also fail to see the problem here, but then, I've had the distinct... privilege? Of coming from the iPhone to the DROID, so I already know about this queer li'l pause/stop deal.

To quote just aboot any developer out there, it's working as intended.

senorferdinand

Reaction score
Sure, hitting pause stop the music. But the app is still running in the background. I have to force end the process for the app to quit and give up the 5-6 mb of memory it is using. I don't like that at all, and it may have "undisirable consequences"

cardiacrn

Reaction score
When the song is playing press the icon on the left next to the shuffle icon then hit menu on the bottom of the phone and hit clear playlist and it should stop.

tjdreams

Reaction score
I agree their needs to be a easier way to stop it from playing

on mine to stop it if it has timed out (which it dose sometimes) or if I had had another app open while it's playing, i have to

hit the power button on the top
slide the unlock
slide up the widget screen to display all the widgets
scroll down to the music player widget
hit the music player widget
hit the song that's playing to bring up music player
hit the pause button.

that's a lot of steps just to stop it from playing a song.