Quickly! Answer!

TheJester34

Reaction score
I'm getting back into the Android game tomorrow. Gonna go and upgrade, take advantage of the Twice the Data thing. But I don't know what phone. I'm debating between the Bionic or the RAZR. Looked at the Nexus and considering it won't be out until December it gives me time to try something else first. I'm going first thing in the morning though, so I need quick opinions? Is the RAZR $100 better than the Bionic? If I can talk them down (doubtful) on the RAZR to $199, which would you buy? Perhaps another 4G phone I haven't looked at? What's your take?

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I'm getting back into the Android game tomorrow. Gonna go and upgrade, take advantage of the Twice the Data thing. But I don't know what phone. I'm debating between the Bionic or the RAZR. Looked at the Nexus and considering it won't be out until December it gives me time to try something else first. I'm going first thing in the morning though, so I need quick opinions? Is the RAZR $100 better than the Bionic? If I can talk them down (doubtful) on the RAZR to $199, which would you buy? Perhaps another 4G phone I haven't looked at? What's your take?

Bionic.. same phone different screen. I prefer bionic screen. Also.. have my bionic clocked at 1.5 and it melts my friendz rzr... and itms way smoother... altho i thought my bionic was smoother at 1.0...:) u wont regret ur bionic purchase

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

iamjoe

Reaction score
razr is thin, bionic you can remove battery. I have the bionic but would change it for a razr if I could (but can't)

Arodnum1

Reaction score
Your splitting hairs, I almost went with the bionic, the only thing that honestly sold me on the RAZR was the position of the power button

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same phone different screens. Go to a store and view the screens. Try to view both in sunshine if that matters to you. You can't go wrong with either.

Detonation

Reaction score
Get some hands on time with both. I'd go with the razr but some people think it's awkwardly wide

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
T

TheJester34

Reaction score
Ended up trying both and went with the RAZR. Loved the fell of it, and it's blazing fast. And I got unlimited data with it, so whoo!

brkshr

Reaction score
Good decision! The bionic is not built right! Bionic has constant data loss problems. The volume buttons rattle when it vibrates. The bionic almost made me quit buying Motorola's, but since the gnex is not out yet, i went with the razr and it completely restored my confidence in motorola.

I'm even having trouble selling my bionic off contract for what i paid for it on contract. It just sucks and everyone knows it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

felixtibs

Reaction score
Razr is new hottness but has its own share of bugs. Its pretty much the slim bionic so no need for a case. Bionic owners get cranky because they replaced the bionic with the razr nearly instantly. Neither are free from the dreaded data loss of doom.

If it were me I would get the razr. Since I have a bionic there is no point since it its quintessentially the same phone in a smaller package.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

brkshr

Reaction score
I haven't had a single data problem with the razr for the past week. It's also a better connection because videos always load faster with less buffeting. Also there aren't massive amounts of data problems threads for the razr like there was with the bionic.

Tas

Reaction score
Ended up trying both and went with the RAZR. Loved the fell of it, and it's blazing fast. And I got unlimited data with it, so whoo!

How did you end up getting unlimited data? Did you have it before?

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good decision! The bionic is not built right! Bionic has constant data loss problems. The volume buttons rattle when it vibrates. The bionic almost made me quit buying Motorola's, but since the gnex is not out yet, i went with the razr and it completely restored my confidence in motorola.

I'm even having trouble selling my bionic off contract for what i paid for it on contract. It just sucks and everyone knows it.

Imagine that - millions sold and not a single happy customer!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

felixtibs

Reaction score
I haven't had a single data problem with the razr for the past week. It's also a better connection because videos always load faster with less buffeting. Also there aren't massive amounts of data problems threads for the razr like there was with the bionic.

That's because the bionic came out over a month prior. My bionic hasn't dropped in a week either. Same phone dude.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums