Battle of Three

Drucian

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my phone soon. Currently I have a Motorola Droid 1. There are three phones I've heard about that has my interest, which are Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, and Droid Prime.

Not a whole lot of information out for the Razr/HD/Spyder but it definitely has my interest. Prime I've heard should be very good. Bionic seems great and it is actually available right now. I'm fine with waiting a little bit for the Razr or Prime if it came to that, but I'm not waiting any more beyond that.

What I'm looking for is something that is fast and has good quality. Good pictures, videos, web experiences, game handling, etc. I got big hands with big fingers, so nice screen size is good as well. I don't care too much about the size, weight or thickness of the phone - those are minor things. I would really like to have 4g, but not necessarily required.

Could use your opinions or any knowledge that you have to share. I'm at a standstill here.

Thanks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well the good news is that the Prime is rumored to be out in Nov or possibly Dec.

As for the Razr/spyder/whateverit'sbeingcalled, I don't know when that's coming out.

Since the Bionic is the only one out right now I recommend you go check it out for yourself. Same for when the other two drop, but it's a good thing that you are waiting for a little bit and have a set a limit for yourself when it comes to waiting. The announcement of the Prime has been postponed due to the death of Steve Jobs (RIP), but I'm sure it won't be too long until it is announced. Stick around here and you'll find out some more info hopefully shortly.

jayman350

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold out for the razr or whatever its called. Wait until they actually announce the release of the Prime to see if you can wait for it, cause that will probably be the best option if you are into modding at all since it is a Nexus device it will be fully unlocked w/ stock android.

I really like the Bionic, but probably would have waited for the Prime... if you know, I actually had to pay for the phone. dancedroid

OP
D

Drucian

Reaction score
Razr has been announced and should be released early November. It looks pretty nice and has some nice specs, however I'm not liking the non-removable battery very much. Some problems require the battery to be reset, so not sure how they plan to resolve that... The locked bootloader, sucks but it isn't a huge concern to me really. Does Razr have Bionic beat? I'm not really quite sure since I don't really have a Bionic.

Waiting to hear more about Prime as well.

echtra

Reaction score
Razr has been announced and should be released early November. It looks pretty nice and has some nice specs, however I'm not liking the non-removable battery very much. Some problems require the battery to be reset, so not sure how they plan to resolve that... The locked bootloader, sucks but it isn't a huge concern to me really. Does Razr have Bionic beat? I'm not really quite sure since I don't really have a Bionic.

Waiting to hear more about Prime as well.

I agree. That would also cost more to the users as they will need to go to a technician just to replace the battery. For now, I'm waiting for the Prime to release. It is a great phone.