Quick Unlocking Questions

Deano2423

Reaction score
1. Does it matter if I do it before or after the OTA update? In other words should I deny them until I unlock or does it not matter?
2. If I decide to wait to unlock, is it a big deal to backup everything on my phone and restore it after I unlock? (I'm aware unlocking wipes the phone which is why I ask)
3. Unlocked phones still receive and can instill OTA updates automatically without problem correct?

Thanks in advance!​

alucard9114

Reaction score
I did mine after the update fine,this will erase everything on the phone even stuff you transferred over,and not sure about the ota update but there is a rom out already so i would expect a short wait for the rom to be updated with the ota. 4.0.3 is cumming soon very soon.here is the rom im running you must be rooted. [Rom] Android Revolution Hd

NewAge

XOOM Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It doesnt matter when you unlock as far as before or after an ota. The sooner the better

There is no amount of onboard backup you can restore from after an unlock or lock command. Everything is wiped. Cloud backup maybe but app data cant be backed up without root. Or an expensive app.

Yes you recieve an ota but its not always wise to accept it. Devs are usually quick to warn if there is a problem when an ota has a modified bootloader, but some people dont listen and have to wait for stock images for new bootloader.