Couple Questions from ilikemoneygreen

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Guys just tested something that will be helpful to you. Personally I have no problem using adb and just pushing files manually. But will admit scripts can be helpful at time IF you know what is going on and can get out of a jam if the script fails. With that said some one on xda just posted a tool that takes you back to ics 4.04 imm76k stock images by running a script through adb/fastboot. You must have adb and fastboot set up. With many of us trying jb its nice to have this as a tool to add to the hackers toolbox imo. Now i dont know the guy so cant comment on his rep. All i know is I saw it on xda and asked a few rs members have they tried it. No one has so I took one for the team.

So with out further due the tool can be found here: [TOOL] One click back to stock 4.0.4 for warranty/repairs - xda-developers

1) make sure you have adb/ fastboot set up already.
2) after you download extract files to desk top
3) run toolbox by doble clicking on the gear looking app that pops up on your desktop after you extract files
4) During boot up it will take awhile (especially if coming from jb). After like 4 mins it will reboot again (dont panic its not a random reboot) then it will go from full bright to dim an in about mins you should feel the heptic feedback as it dims so more and eventually boot up
5) if you used this cuz you had boot issues with jb close out the command window for the script, put your rom or nandroid backup on your sdcard reboot in bootloader and push your recovery through fastboot. Boot into recovery and flash your rom or nandroid. If you are taking another crack at a jb rom do 3 wipes (is that required no...but hey I rather take an extra 30 seconds doing an extra 2 wipes then having to recover my phone again)
5a) if you are trying to return to out of the box state boot into bootloader (volume up + volume down and power) and type "fastboot oem lock" in adb (or the script window that is still open from you going back to ics).

Thanks again and hopes this helps.

He got me livin cleaner. Ridin round bumping that kingdom. (willie moore jr. cashing out)

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think im talking about when its relocked and your talking about when its unlocked. Let me try to ask this more clearly, Hypothetically I have my phone, unlock the bootloader (Im guessing Vz will know if i keep it unlocked) i then relock lock it once i reflash an stock image (will Vz still know i even unlocked it, if i relock it?) So my boot screen wont have an unlocked lock under the boot logo. If that makes sense.
And yes my browser is whacked out and throwing lots of errors. the system closes it every time i start it up, and clicking wait doesnt work. It really reminds me of my old D1 when i flashed a rom and installed wrong thus requiring a reflash. My gallery app also is very laggy and glitchy after the reset i just did. this is really annoying because all i wanted out of this was 4.0.4. I should have just stayed at 4.0.3. :mad:

I'll make this crystal clear. If you unlock, then flash your factory image (or whatever you need to do), then fast boot relock, Verizon will never know.

Easiest way to tell - if you boot up and it shows an unlocked padlock- you're unlocked. If you boot up and that padlock is missing you're locked back up.

Also, to my knowledge the gnex doesn't have a flash counter either so modding is virtually untraceable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll make this crystal clear. If you unlock, then flash your factory image (or whatever you need to do), then fast boot relock, Verizon will never know.

Easiest way to tell - if you boot up and it shows an unlocked padlock- you're unlocked. If you boot up and that padlock is missing you're locked back up.

Also, to my knowledge the gnex doesn't have a flash counter either so modding is virtually untraceable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Like.

And yeah it don't have a flash counter google no better then to put something like that on a nexus. They know why we buy a nexus and what we gonna do with it. WE built the nexus line the same we built the droid line. We the community has proven time and time again that when we get behind something we make it big :D. So to the community this one's for you. :thumbup:

He got me livin cleaner. Ridin round bumping that kingdom. (willie moore jr. cashing out)

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow you guys rock. Exactly what i wanted to know. :biggrin: I will definitely flash JB, eventually. I remember i use to do all that stuff on my D1, but usually between classes. Now ive got a new laptop thats been taking up all my idle time. that and fixing a bunch of other peoples computers. I really never researched the oem unlock but have wondered what you guys just told me. Its good to know. Maybe tonight after a couple drinks ill flash it. Thanks for the write up Pc747. Btw, nice to see all you guys. Like a reunion, lol, thats why put my name in title. :) Now all we need is Truss here and wed be complete.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Drunk flashing huh?! :D Hope all goes well when you root and flash. If you do happen to have a bit too much to drink, you can try Wug's toolkit. Few clicks from you and you're good to go.

Speaking of Truss, haven't seen him post in awhile...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow you guys rock. Exactly what i wanted to know. :biggrin: I will definitely flash JB, eventually. I remember i use to do all that stuff on my D1, but usually between classes. Now ive got a new laptop thats been taking up all my idle time. that and fixing a bunch of other peoples computers. I really never researched the oem unlock but have wondered what you guys just told me. Its good to know. Maybe tonight after a couple drinks ill flash it. Thanks for the write up Pc747. Btw, nice to see all you guys. Like a reunion, lol, thats why put my name in title. :) Now all we need is Truss here and wed be complete.

Haha, he pops in from time to time. I think he's lurking in the shadows...