Quick question

bigeric828

Reaction score
There is something seriously wrong with your setup dude - compcache is working for EVERYONE but you!

What recovery are you using to install??

Run this command in terminal and tell me what you see:

busybox|head -n 1

ALSO - I assume you have tried the obvious, which is wiping, installing the ROM, NOT installing any other apps nor restoring data, and then seeing if it works?

lol it works first, but after a restart it stops working. So each time, i'm like oh alright its working this time but then bam, it stops lol.

Terminal output: Busybox v1.18.4 (2011-3-20 15:16:04 CDT) multi-call binary.

should i try installing a different busybox version?

so of course i installed a different version of busy box..and....IT WORKED. i love you chevy.

smells like a donation soon.

Last edited:

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There is something seriously wrong with your setup dude - compcache is working for EVERYONE but you!

busybox|head -n 1

ALSO - I assume you have tried the obvious, which is wiping, installing the ROM, NOT installing any other apps nor restoring data, and then seeing if it works?

lol it works first, but after a restart it stops working. So each time, i'm like oh alright its working this time but then bam, it stops lol.

Where did you get this version? It clearly is not the one that comes with my ROM:

BusyBox v1.16.2androidfull (2010-08-01 14:57:25 EDT) multi-call binary.

What do you get when you type this:

busybox|grep swapon

bigeric828

Reaction score

busybox|head -n 1

Where did you get this version? It clearly is not the one that comes with my ROM:

BusyBox v1.16.2androidfull (2010-08-01 14:57:25 EDT) multi-call binary.

What do you get when you type this:

busybox|grep swapon

well i ran buxybox installer when i downloaded, thinking the latest is better? just dumb on my part i guess. Works great now after installing a different version.

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
sweet - so allllllll this because you installed an app that was not part of the ROM!

OK - I am going to add this to my future install notes - that everyone run the ROM first, without installing anything extra - to make sure everything works. That way we'd know pretty quickly that a later install broke functionality.

Normally you would be correct, that a 'later version' would be better - but when we're into this kind of customization, that always isn't correct.

Glad you got it working anyway!