Quick question

nicknicknick

Reaction score
So I have the droid incredible w/unlimited internet do any of he three gps options cost extra money?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
N

nicknicknick

Reaction score
Verizon gps
Standalone GPS
Google location services

You can find these by going to settings. location.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
The Verizon GPS, if you are talking about VZ Navigator, does inter a cost, $3.99 for a single days use, or a recurring charge of $9.99 a month to keep it all the time, ready for use.

The other GPS apps on the phone, Google Navigation and Location Services, do not require any additional money.

OP
N

nicknicknick

Reaction score
What is the difference between the three?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Really, not a lot other than cost between Google Navigation and Verizons VZ Navigator...they both essentially do the same, except one is free and the other costs.

The Location Services can be used to tag photos with the location where they were taken, and also used in conjunction with weather widgets so that your weather will update according to each town/city you are in. I am sure there are other uses for it, but I personally dont need Google to know my every step....

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Thread Hijack:)..I d/l ROM manager on My D1 and D/l a couple of roms thru there and now I cannot find them. What folder should I be looking for them in. I tried CW>download, I found nothing. Then I tried just looking under download and nothing..Helppp

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thread Hijack:)..I d/l ROM manager on My D1 and D/l a couple of roms thru there and now I cannot find them. What folder should I be looking for them in. I tried CW>download, I found nothing. Then I tried just looking under download and nothing..Helppp
Why would you "threadjack", instead of just posting a new thread? This kills me, and its one of my pet peeves...:dry:

Regardless, I will try to answer your question...

Is CW/downloads the actual download folder for Rom Manager...doesnt seem likely to me...CW sounds more like it would be for ClockWork Mod.

Go back into the Sd card and double-check to see if there isnt a Rom Manager folder of some sort somewhere..

Outside of that, I would venture posting a New Thread in the Droid Hacks/Droid ROS forum, or maybe using the "Search Function" might garner a better response. Or maybe send an e-mail to the Dev (Koush?) asking exactly where downloaded ROM files go...

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Although what BodyBagz said is true, those settings don't really reflect what the OP is referring to..VZW is LOCATE BY TOWERS, Google is LOCATE BY WIFI, and stand alone is real GPS. You can read more here: Google location services - Android Forums

Edit: Putting a check mark in these setting will not cost you anything (other then battery power), unless you use a paid app, which BodyBagz stated above.

Last edited:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Although what BodyBagz said is true, those settings don't really reflect what the OP is referring to..VZW is LOCATE BY TOWERS, Google is LOCATE BY WIFI, and stand alone is real GPS. You can read more here: Google location services - Android Forums

Edit: Putting a check mark in these setting will not cost you anything (other then battery power), unless you use a paid app, which BodyBagz stated above.
Ahhh, thank you. I wasnt for sure exactly on the Location deal...I think I was confusing it with the Latitude function in Google MAPS maybe?:icon_eek:

Thunder_sl

Reaction score

Ahhh, thank you. I wasnt for sure exactly on the Location deal...I think I was confusing it with the Latitude function in Google MAPS maybe?:icon_eek:

It is very confusing and I have no idea why they are trying to complicate it. It took two pages of searches for me to find a reasonable answer to the OP(after he clarified what the options where). I have a droid X so I don't have those options, and it's not something I am looking forward to.. :)

bigeric828

Reaction score
Not so much regarding to SS but this forum has been most helpful so i figured id ask :).

Setcpu widget doesn't seem to refresh anymore. It does for a little after i put the widget in place but then it stops within a couple of hours typically. I figure its GB being aggressive and was just curious if there was a way to fix it?

flyinion

Reaction score
I'm guessing you left "update interval" on "passive"? I used to run "240 seconds" but tried out passive when I loaded SS the other night and just noticed mine was not updating either. Re-created it with "240 seconds" and it's working fine. I see it change everything I unlock the screen for instance where "passive" it never changed.

bigeric828

Reaction score
I'm guessing you left "update interval" on "passive"? I used to run "240 seconds" but tried out passive when I loaded SS the other night and just noticed mine was not updating either. Re-created it with "240 seconds" and it's working fine. I see it change everything I unlock the screen for instance where "passive" it never changed.

ill try it on 240. thanks.

flyinion

Reaction score
So I just checked, and yeah I'm having the same problem even going back to 240 second update. Not sure if it's a GB compatibility thing or the overagressive task killing.