Quick, kind of urgent ??

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So... I believe this should be my last question and then I'll be a pro, right? lol
Is there anything special I need to do to flash a new rom? Do I need to to a backup or something before every one? Is it dependent on the individual rom? What if I don't like it? How do you go back to where you were before the rom? I think I know the answer to that one, but I'd like someone to tell me just in case I'm WAY off base!
Thanks!

(Ok, so that was more than one last question... go figure)

Follow this:

Universal Eris Root for Dummies! - Android Forums

It will have you take a NANDroid back-up once rooted.
Ok, so I did that when I rooted. Should I do that every time I load a new rom? I guess that was my actual question. I thought I read something along those lines. That is the back-up I can use if I don't like my rom, right? Which is basically what I'm running now without a rom. I think.:icon_eek:

Do a back-up whenever you get to a point that you'd like to go back to. For instance, now that you have plainjane loaded, once you get it where you want it, if you want to try a 2.2 rom, then back-up where you are at then try the 2.2 ROM. If you want to go back you can restore.

The only thing I am unsure of is if you can have multiple back-ups with NANDROID, or if overwrites your existing back-up with the new one.

Anyone know?

vacobra1

Reaction score
My phone has new life. Finally got PlainJane to load and I now have it overclocked. It's like a whole new meaning in my small little world.
Thanks for your help!

Try the Kaosfroyo 2.2 rom and you will yet again be amazed its a hole new ball game with it. all you hve to do to install a new room is do a wipe and flash a new zip.