Quick, kind of urgent ??

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
I just rooted (yay?) and am attempting to flash the PlainJaneT2 rom and it's telling me it can't open it (bad). What do I do from here? Can I reboot without a rom installed? I did try to flash it twice and it definitely won't let me!

vacobra1

Reaction score
Redownload it and try it again or better yet download the Kaosfroyo v29 2.2.

vacobra1

Reaction score
you wont have to reboot it you can mount it to you computer from recovery and coppy the room to your phone then install and reboot.

vacobra1

Reaction score
in recover its usb-ms toggle just click it and it will mount to your computer then install the file and click the scroll button and it will unmount.

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
Well... I went ahead and rebooted the system without a rom. I downloaded the plainjane again and it did the same thing. Oh well. I did get the bloat rom loaded and *goodbye* crap! I will cruise different roms to see what I might like, even though I really liked the sound of Plain Jane T2. *shrugs* oh well. I'm still rooted so I can cruise freely for what I like and what might work.

vacobra1

Reaction score
everything, its faster, smoother, better functions. I like the phone layout better its easier to access your contacts, the key board is better and the quick display for words is much nicer. Do you have setcpu? You just have more flexability with your phone, also I like the camera much better then the 2.1. I could never go back to 2.1 now.

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
but it doesn't have sense ui, right? I'm such a fan of it. It's why I LIKE htc. That's why I was all excited about the other one. Oh well, I'll search later when I have time. At least my phone functions perfectly normal. I wasn't sure it would have without a custom rom.

vacobra1

Reaction score
The only thing I miss is the weather widget and I downloaded one just like it.

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
So... I believe this should be my last question and then I'll be a pro, right? lol
Is there anything special I need to do to flash a new rom? Do I need to to a backup or something before every one? Is it dependent on the individual rom? What if I don't like it? How do you go back to where you were before the rom? I think I know the answer to that one, but I'd like someone to tell me just in case I'm WAY off base!
Thanks!

(Ok, so that was more than one last question... go figure)

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So... I believe this should be my last question and then I'll be a pro, right? lol
Is there anything special I need to do to flash a new rom? Do I need to to a backup or something before every one? Is it dependent on the individual rom? What if I don't like it? How do you go back to where you were before the rom? I think I know the answer to that one, but I'd like someone to tell me just in case I'm WAY off base!
Thanks!

Follow this:

Universal Eris Root for Dummies! - Android Forums

It will have you take a NANDroid back-up once rooted.

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
Thanks!

Follow this:

Universal Eris Root for Dummies! - Android Forums

It will have you take a NANDroid back-up once rooted.
Ok, so I did that when I rooted. Should I do that every time I load a new rom? I guess that was my actual question. I thought I read something along those lines. That is the back-up I can use if I don't like my rom, right? Which is basically what I'm running now without a rom. I think.:icon_eek: