questions about rooting

Reaction score
Ok Im at the point where Im thinking about rooting my phone. Here is a few questions I have before I start the process. Do I have to save the stock software to my SD card incase I want to unroot if need be? Is it better to do the 1 click root or go the longer way? I have never done this before so I want to keep it as easy as possible. I have found a one click root method and just want to make sure thats the way to go. What Rom is the best? What about kernels? What else do I need to know before I do this? I have read a bunch of topics on this but cant find all these questions in one topic and I keep closing out the windows on what I do find. Thanks guys and sorry if this has been covered a million times before. Its just easier to see it all in one topic.

VolDroid

Reaction score
try reading through this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=996616 and browse trough the development section, it will answer alot you those questions you just posted. Can't really backup the stock in order to return to it. You'd have to go through an unroot procedure to return it to stock. Didn't use a 1 click method to root because some were having problems with it not working correctly. I'm running the Das BAMF 1.8.6 Froys ROM since there are still a few issues with the Gingerbread roms. I just use the stock kernel on it since I haven't had an issue or reason to switch yet.

Jacob9424

Reaction score
try reading through this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=996616 and browse trough the development section, it will answer alot you those questions you just posted. Can't really backup the stock in order to return to it. You'd have to go through an unroot procedure to return it to stock. Didn't use a 1 click method to root because some were having problems with it not working correctly. I'm running the Das BAMF 1.8.6 Froys ROM since there are still a few issues with the Gingerbread roms. I just use the stock kernel on it since I haven't had an issue or reason to switch yet.

I'm running MR2.5 with liquid gingersense 1.2. Not a single problem! Blutooth, gps, and tons of other problems have been fixed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For rooting I would recomend going the long way as you gain plenty of knowledge when doing it for the first time and if something goes wrong stop by here or www.Thunderboltforums.com and post up your problem so we can help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
B
Reaction score
For rooting I would recomend going the long way as you gain plenty of knowledge when doing it for the first time and if something goes wrong stop by here or www.Thunderboltforums.com and post up your problem so we can help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well I found a guide and I downloaded everything and when I start to type in the commands in the comman prompt box it says devices attached but nothing about my serial number. What do I do now?

OP
B
Reaction score
Also at the bottom of the guide it says it will say your thunderbolt is permanetly rooted. I thought you could put it back to stock?