lots of topics, sorry, rooting problem

fishy.

Reaction score
Ive tried reading through all the topics and i cant find anything with my issue..

Unless im blind, which is most likely the case.

I have everything downloaded, the exploits file is extracted to the platform folder.

ive tried running the one click root, doesnt work, the Rooter, it reads my phone..

But none of these restart it to the bootloader..

i have my phone in charge mode, and usb debugging is on..

any help would be nice,

thank you

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
update, loads into bootloader now, when it says flashing img it says no found, am i suppose to keep the PG05IMG_downgrade or change it to just PG05IMG

sorry for all the questions..

mau5hunter

Reaction score
Ive tried reading through all the topics and i cant find anything with my issue..

Unless im blind, which is most likely the case.

I have everything downloaded, the exploits file is extracted to the platform folder.

ive tried running the one click root, doesnt work, the Rooter, it reads my phone..

But none of these restart it to the bootloader..

i have my phone in charge mode, and usb debugging is on..

any help would be nice,

thank you

First which root method are we looking to debug??

mau5hunter

Reaction score
It needs to be renamed PG05IMG.zip. if using windows careful to not name it zip.zip

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
im using the easy rooter? do i need to have something else open? it does all that but when it goes to bootloader screen it tries flashing the img i pushed to it, but doesnt find it..

mau5hunter

Reaction score
im using the easy rooter? do i need to have something else open? it does all that but when it goes to bootloader screen it tries flashing the img i pushed to it, but doesnt find it..

I'm not extremely familiar with the easy root. I did long root (8 Steps) but the same steps your easy rooter is doing.

You must have adb installed, which you can find instructions for on this forum or xda.

Do double check adb is installed and can regonize your device, from the windows command line 'adb devices' should return a list of your device, and next to it its status; if it cannot regonize your device it will read "offline"

Being that your getting to bootloader tells me this is all working, but like i said before, the file has to be named exactly as PG05IMG.zip, if you do a rename in windows and actually type the .zip the file will literally be saved as PG05IMG.zip.zip -your bootloader will not recognize this. double check that

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
it reads my phone, finds my device... but something with the img.. i put the downgrade in first right?

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
kk ive done that and renamed it to what it suppose to be..

and ive noticed when i use the non downgrade one it doesnt push to the phone.. ah im confused, i probably shouldnt mess with it, but i have rooted og droid, x, and incredible.. idk why im having issues with this one

mau5hunter

Reaction score
kk ive done that and renamed it to what it suppose to be..

and ive noticed when i use the non downgrade one it doesnt push to the phone.. ah im confused, i probably shouldnt mess with it, but i have rooted og droid, x, and incredible.. idk why im having issues with this one

You can do it... Messing is the fun. Try the 8 steps, its literally copy and pasting adb commands...

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
yeah could try that, not too familiar with adb itself.. but thanks tho!

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are on windows 7 make sure that "Hide extensions of known file types" is not checked.....incase you are not sure where to look....Open a folder....Organize....Folder and search Options....view...then look and make sure that Hide Extensions for known file types is not checked. It makes your file PG05IMG.zip.zip instaed of PMG0IMG.zip

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
I'll try it in an hour or so here.. back to work, thanks for all the responses so fast too

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App