question about rooting

Sbg13

Reaction score
newbie over here. i got my thunderbolt a little over 2 weeks ago and it is my first droid (i had a blackberry tour before this and another blackberry phone before that) and im in love with it! its simply amazing! my brother keeps trying to convince me to get an iphone but i don't want to trade in this phone for anything. the ONLY issue im having (which i know a lot of people are having) is with this ****ty battery life. when i go out and am not near my charger (like i was out and about in boston the other day for an interview) i am afraid to use my phone because ive had it die on me a lot (usually when im out in boston haha and actually need my phone).

i know a lot of people have asked this in this forum but i was wondering how easy it is to root your phone? ive read about ADB (i think thats what its called?) and how that seems to be easy to follow... i guess my only concern is that i will brick my phone. im pretty good with computers i just have never rooted a phone before. can i brick my phone easily? i just cant afford a new one and if i go ahead and do this i want to make sure i dont mess anything up.

also... ive been reading a lot of info on this but i was wondering... if i root the phone do i have to put in a new rom or can i continue using the sense ui. (i dunno if im using the right terms). so far i actually dont mind sense and dont feel the need to change anything about my phone yet... i just really want to get rid of all the stupid bloatware.

thanks for taking the time to read this! sorry if these have all been asked before

thelopenator

Reaction score
hey there.rooting your phone is now easier than anything what with all the one click methods, you don't even need to go through adb.just follow the directions and you should be safe from bricking. also yes you can still user the stock froyo rom and kernel.

this was sent from my phone that is cellular