thelopenator

Reaction score
howes this radio working out for people? ive been wanting to use GB but I really dont wanna brick and have to buy a new phone for two reasons.

1) I dont have 600$ lol
2) I REALLY dont feel like re-rooting -.-

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Use the stable version with root and trust me you will still be happy and it is gb wait for the bugs to be worked out before going to the latest version

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
I know GB was bricking peoples thunderbolts. I wonder if these new radios are ok.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I have the newest radio and I'm not bricked. I have no problems. Other radios I had spotty coverage with this one its 4g all the time.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ziggy484

Reaction score
I know GB was bricking peoples thunderbolts. I wonder if these new radios are ok.

Newest leak radio is good to go, the previous leaks mr2 & mr2.5 were also fine. There was one before that, it was "rumored" to cause bricks, but you couldnt find that to download even if you tried. There is mr2, mr2.5, and leaked official mr2. they all work with gingerbread roms... Bamf rc4.9 is slick

Thomaslord84

Reaction score
I have that radio and it is amazing. I live way out in the country and I have never been able to get 3g out here with any phone. I have 3g now.
I am running gingeritis 1.1 and love the ROM too.

Lucas5

Reaction score
I have the new radio,but I'm sticking with froyo for now. Gingerbread is nice and all, but none of the GB roms that I tried were stable enough for me. As for the radio performance, it has been so MUCH better than the stock radio. My TB transitions to 4G smoothly and stays in 4G when I'm in the area. When I got back home/3G is switches back without any problems. On the stock radio, 3g and 4g were very unreliable. Data would often drop (or stay at 1X), unless you rebooted my phone.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
New radios are fine.

Insurance covers bricked phone anyway.

But new radios aren't bricking phones