1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

rooting questions

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by droid2user2010, Nov 26, 2010.

1. droid2user2010

droid2user2010 New Member

hi all.

i have some questions about rooting before i do it.

if my droid 2 got the 2.3 update from verizon can i still root with the one click method from xda-devs?

will i lose all my configurations and apps when i root or unroot?

other then removing stock apps which is alli really care about what other benefits (or issues) will rooting give me?
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

I don't know about that particular root method but I don't see why not. The easiest way to do it though would be just to download z4root in the marketplace. No you won't lose any configurations when you root the phone, you're just giving yourself administrative access to the phone. You can do tons of stuff with root including using root apps and even flashing roms and themes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

Your configurations will only go bye bye if you switch launchers. Rooting and even putting a new ROM on didn't mess up my screens ot settings.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App