1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid1 to TBolt, some rooting questions

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Hacks' started by brybe, Jun 25, 2011.

1. brybe

brybe New Member

As someone with little technical knowledge of what's going on, I have a couple of questions:

1) When I rooted my droid, I could basically mix and match any, kernel, baseband, and rom i wanted. Do only certain kernels work with certain roms for the TBOLT or can i mix and match as i please? (I see versions for AOSP or Sense, Froyo or GB etc..)

2) What's the difference between a "baseband" and a "radio"? With my droid, I always installed a new baseband from clockworkmod, is it different for a rooted TBOLT?

3) This one is more out of curiosity, but what is an image? As in, "I need I am trying to unroot and need the stock image."

Currently running rooted stock froyo with drodspeed's 1.8ghz kernel.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  2. Uzzo

Uzzo New Member

everything pretty much works the same except some of the radios for froyo & aosp won't work on GB roms. you just have to read which works for what rom, i think these new mr2 radio/baseband (samething) work on all of them. same goes for kernel has to be for that rom type froyo or GB