Question: How do I do a complete backup of my droid UNROOTED?

cp24eva

Reaction score
I've been searching high and low all morning and I haven't found a solution to this. A good FREE solution. Can anyone help? I just received a replacement Bionic in the mail because my last one was buggy. My new one works great, but now I want my data off the old one.

bharrismac

Reaction score
Just root both phones, make a nandroid on the old one, switch the SD card or copy it over with a computer, and then restore the nandroid on the new one. There's really no other way unless you want to mess around with adb.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Are you serious!?!?! I don't want to mess around with rooting my phone. That one of the reason I came over to the android side from the iphone side is so I wouldn't have to jailbreak/root in order to do basic stuff. Backing is considered something basic right?

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Mybackup pro. Its not free, so I guess it just depends on how much moving ur data is worth to u.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'll have to give this a whirl when I get home. thanks!

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Word of warning. There is a free version, but it will NOT restore files to your new phone, it will tell u that u need the pro version to do that. So save ur self a headache and don't even bother with the free version

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Just tried the 4.99 version. For the MOST part it did what I wanted it to do. The other stuff is just minor. Like I had the circle launcher widgets on my desktop, it didn't restore those, but I can set those up myself. I got all my data over and whatnot. Only problem is my playlist, it keeps on freezing (or at least it would seem) on the part where is says "removing old playlist" Well, I didn't have an old playlist. It wouldn't get past that part, but it's ok. I can recreate it. As long as I have all of my apps and programs, contacts, etc I'm ok. Thanks for the suggestion. Although things like this should be free. C'mon Android, lets make this so!

Natey2

Reaction score
... so I wouldn't have to jailbreak/root in order to do basic stuff. Backing is considered something basic right?

+1 !
Yes!

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk from GetJar

bigkhan

Reaction score
I've got no problem paying a few bucks for good apps that do what they say. You have to support these developers who put in all the work. Nothing worth having is free. However I would like to have more them the 15 minute refund policy. you barley get it launched before your time is up. Lets make it an hour.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums