Question about LauncherPro or ADW Launcher

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some widgets do not work with launcher pro. But if you buy the full version there are widgets with it that are cool.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea spaz. I don't know why but selecting default would never work for me.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea spaz. I don't know why but selecting default would never work for me.

Yeah I think it has to do with froyo permissions but I don't really know.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do I have to delete any wigets or anything before I load LP? If not, do my current ones stay the same if I switch back to stock? And do they carry over to LP?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Nothing will carry over, when you load up lp the first time it will be a blank slate. I would remove all of the widgets from the stock launcher before starting lp.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Both are good home screen replacements - home switcher will work on 2.2 but you cannot set the default from there...if you currently have either LP or ADW set as default, you would have to clear the default in the system settings (settings - applications - manage applications - find the app, open, press clear defaults) and now when you press the "home" button, you can select a new default.

There is another app called "home manager" - I have not tried this one but it is to work in a similar fashion.

@erict - your current home screen will not carry over to a replacement app - you would have to customize it how you want - after all, that is half the fun :)...

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do I have to delete any wigets or anything before I load LP? If not, do my current ones stay the same if I switch back to stock? And do they carry over to LP?

Nothing will carry over, when you load up lp the first time it will be a blank slate. I would remove all of the widgets from the stock launcher before starting lp.

Oh yea, lol. I forgot to add that in for him. Thanks:)

OP
CilyDroidX

CilyDroidX

Reaction score
Is there anything i need to be worried about before i do othis, will this screw my phone up? ADW launcher or Pro. ANy cautions

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there anything i need to be worried about before i do othis, will this screw my phone up? ADW launcher or Pro. ANy cautions

I can't think of any reason it would screw up your phone.

erict

Reaction score

Just out of curiosity, why does the widgets need to be removed from the stock app first?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been told by a few people on here that it uses unecessary resources and that could cause bugs.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

It will freak you out at first cause there will only be 3 icons on all the screens combined. But then you start customizing and its great. Just remember to go into settings and uninstall if you don't want it. You can also back up the launcher settings and restore if you want.

OP
CilyDroidX

CilyDroidX

Reaction score
ADW Launcher

WOWOWOWOW. Very Impressed.
Yes 3 Icons freaked me out,

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you jumped in. it has some pretty cool features and settings.