2.2 SBF to unroot??

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Ok this might have been asked before but does flashing the sbf remove root? if it does, will it look as if it was never there? Reason is because i want to replace my phone because im having some hardware issues with the headphone jack and i dont want to pay that $89 deductible. i kinda said that to a vzw rep while i was making the call and he was cool about it but he said if it were to reach moto with evidence of rooting it will void the warranty(which i know) and that they will charge me full retail for the replacement. So before i continue to flash this device back i want to be reassured that it wont have that.

sorry if this breaks any rules mods.

OP
Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
well i have some bad news. I guess that guy i spoke wasnt 100% cool that i told him i rooted it and now i cant get a warranty replacement through them. So i guess i shouldnt have said a damn thing. now im kinda pissed with myself and i have alittle hate towards the guy who put that i did it on my account. Hopefully through moto i can figure something out. Idk if wether to go ahead with that and just pony up the cash with asurion. any suggestions?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never volunteer root status. Whenever you call them, act like an idiot.

Call again, and only tell them what they need to know.

OP
Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Never volunteer root status. Whenever you call them, act like an idiot.

Call again, and only tell them what they need to know.

Yeah i became the idiot that told them and called them again later but they had that on my record so im basically screwed thats why im mad with myself right now. I should have kept my big mouth shut. After i called the second time is when i wrote that bit.