Qualcomm 1.5 GHz Dualcore Processor Plows Everything Else Away

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
15score.jpg

When NVidia introduced their Tegra 2 dual core processor we were amazed by the performance this little chip produced, well Qualcomm has something they think is better. The latest processor to be tested in an independent benchmark test, the 1.5GHz dual-core MSM8660, did an outstanding job at proving Qualcomm’s dominance. The processor smashed the competition by keeping the same size and pushing the performance level enough to give it a 38.5 native resolution frames per second. This score is amazing compared to the 31 FPS score the OMAP powered Optimus 3D, or the 25.2 score received by the Tegra 2 powered Optimus 2X. This processor has yet to make it to device manufacturer’s tool box, but for the time being we can enjoy the performance the LG Optimus 3D’s provides till Qualcomm pushes this new processor out or even when NVidia releases their next line of processors --do I hear a Quad Core powered train coming? The battle continues.

Source: Qualcomm's 1.5GHz dual-core MSM8660 destroys the competition in majestic benchmark run -- Engadget

kptphalkon

Reaction score
What kind of OS were these test devices running?

I mean, was it manufacturer UI bogged down, or even any kind of real world application? I can flash a very basic light ROM, not install any apps, and get a better benchmark score over stock moto.

bigkoch125

Reaction score
If you look its not that much better than the others and it is clocked at 1.5 where as the others are at 1 ghz which doesnt show much since the ones under it would beat that most likely if it was at 1.5 ghz

matt2783

Reaction score
Is this the best test for processors? I can't imagine the Iphone 3gs has a better processor than the Iphone 4, as this chart suggests.

silvasrt4

Reaction score
Guys, its not all about the frequency the processor is clocked at! its how well the architecture of the processor is implemented. Just because one phone is clocked at a higher frequency does not mean its faster than another. This processor sounds promising though. Cant wait for summer quarter phones to start arriving!

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I'm not an i-phan by any means, but my daughter just got an iphone 4 this weekend (no matter what kind of arguements I threw up) and their ain't no way in hell my original Droid out runs it. I'm sorry. I'm a long time member of this great forum, but this REEKS of fanboi-ism.

I'm sure it's the benchmark used.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's so many different variables involved that almost any benchmark can be skewed.

lockman

Reaction score
I'm not an i-phan by any means, but my daughter just got an iphone 4 this weekend (no matter what kind of arguements I threw up) and their ain't no way in hell my original Droid out runs it. I'm sorry. I'm a long time member of this great forum, but this REEKS of fanboi-ism.

I'm sure it's the benchmark used.

Desso, good to see you still lurking around here.

Sent from my brain using my fingers.

aldonca

Reaction score
Qualcomm is getting the lead, my curiosity increased and excited with what next ?? mobile devices are getting powerful dancedroid

Natey2

Reaction score
Is it faster than an Intel Core i7?
Would be nice to see where it stands relative to an i7.

And how much more battery power does this dualcore need?
Cordless/cell phones begin to look like corded phones if they need to be connected too frequently to some charging source.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

aldonca

Reaction score
Is it faster than an Intel Core i7?
Would be nice to see where it stands relative to an i7.

And how much more battery power does this dualcore need?
Cordless/cell phones begin to look like corded phones if they need to be connected too frequently to some charging source.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
it is not faster than i7 but y do u want to compare a pc processor with a mobile one