Quake 3 on Droid X (video)

BradyF

Reaction score
Below is a link of me playing Quake 3 on the Droid X at max setting. It works fantastic, and is the best game that can be played on the Android OS right now IMO.

[video=youtube;6nYXovJdWYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYXovJdWYQ"]YouTube - Quake 3 on Motorola Droid X[/video]

'This is Quake3 being played on the Motorola Droid X. All of the settings are maxed out. The gameplay is very smooth and not choppy at all (the camera is what makes it look choppy). The volume rocker is used to JUMP (+) and RUN FORWARD (-). The touch screen is being used to LOOK and also FIRE with a quick tap on the screen. This game is surprisingly fun, and very playable. By far the best game you can play on the Android OS right now. NOTE:: I also ran this on a HTC Incredible and it was no where near as smooth. I had to decrease numerous settings to get it to a playable state.'

AKValle26

Reaction score
That looks awesome! Also, for those your you interested in this type of game, I suggest you check out NOVA. It's basically a Halo remake and you can do online multiplayer as well

fccs

Reaction score
I couldn't get quake 2 working, how did you get quake 3 working? or does the phone have to be rooted, didnt root mine yet

OP
B

BradyF

Reaction score
My phone is not rooted. Google KWAAK3 and follow the install instructions.

I have Quake2 running on my phone, but I can't start a game. The control scheme isn't functional.

rolandct

Reaction score
I got everything working except the volume rocker isn't working for running. Any ideas?

kaguil

Reaction score
I have put in your setings and it says run and jump are like f1 and f2 but it still doesn't work is there a way i set the volume keys to f1and f2?

kaguil

Reaction score
The file still.didn't help i pit the file in the same folder as the pak. Pk3s is this not the right place?

abean

Reaction score
Brady, your config file definitely helped to improve performance, but like the others have said, did not do much for the controls. Can you re-share your latest config file?

Thanks!

markad11

Reaction score
help... I have the game installed and it looks great... but my propblem is i cant move... i can only shoot and look up and down but i cant shoot... anyone kno of any way i can fix this?

Last edited:

abean

Reaction score
Brady, you still around? Anyone else have a good working config?

Thanks!