[Q]Droid 2 Global Overclock

clouse2013

Reaction score
How fast can you overclock the d2g without having issues. I am still on the stock rom though. I havn't brought myself to rom yet as I havn't done enough research on which ones I will have NO issues with.
Sent from my rooted D2G

I have mine to 1.3Ghz without any problems. I tried to go to 1.35 and kept getting reboots.

Matveh

Reaction score
I'm using Milestone Overclock and Setcpu with the setcpu.txt on my sd card to set the profiles. In MilestoneOC the 'Settings' menu option lets you set a custom frequency and custom vsel. I have mine set at 1300MHz and max vsel 67. Works quite well.

I picked this up from a thread buried somewhere in the forums about overclocking the D2G. Looking, but haven't found it yet...

JEDeatherage

Reaction score
I'm using Milestone Overclock and Setcpu with the setcpu.txt on my sd card to set the profiles. In MilestoneOC the 'Settings' menu option lets you set a custom frequency and custom vsel. I have mine set at 1300MHz and max vsel 67. Works quite well.

I use this same technique and have been running stable at 1340 and 69 vsel for a few months now. It took some fooling with it but I also got setcpu function correctly with five profiles instead of four. I had been having a lot of trouble with that. I use 300000,600000,800000,1000000,1340000.

Dont know if thats going to help anyone but, I figured Id add my two cents... And my setcpu.txt :icon_ deal:

Attachments

• setcpu.txt
    37 bytes · Views: 276

callis

Reaction score

I use this same technique and have been running stable at 1340 and 69 vsel for a few months now. It took some fooling with it but I also got setcpu function correctly with five profiles instead of four. I had been having a lot of trouble with that. I use 300000,600000,800000,1000000,1340000.

Dont know if thats going to help anyone but, I figured Id add my two cents... And my setcpu.txt :icon_ deal:

i followed this tutorial and used the set cpu you provided, yet when i look at my systempanel app it shows im running at like 300mhz? even slower then stock? why is this? i also downloaded droid overclock app and that only allowed me to go to 1000mhz also seems to make my battery hot.

Matveh

Reaction score
The tutorial doesn't emphasize this, but remember to root your phone before this will work. z4root has worked well for me.

CrossTown

Reaction score
So I overclocked using milestone just to check it out, and while I did see faster phone speeds it seemed like my battery life was taking a hit - too much to justify keeping the overclock. But now when I unload the overclock module in milestone, setcpu defaults my cpu to 1ghz and I figure out for the life of me to see it run at 1.2 again. Can someone help me out?

Sent from my heXen'd D2G

wildbill86

Reaction score
Just reboot. Worked for me.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums