Punctuation autocorrect

MindWanderer

Reaction score
This is driving me nuts. Whenever I type a space followed by punctuation, the software autocorrects the punctuation to go first. This gives me things like$ 34.99 instead of $34.99, or" in quotes" instead of "in quotes". I have autocorrect turned off. Why does it still do this, and how can I make it stop?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it has to do with what virtual kb you're using, as that's where the phisical kb gets its cues. For instance I have a themed htc virtual kb and my punctuation on the phys kb no longer acts this way.

tappin and a talkin

OP
M

MindWanderer

Reaction score
I'm just using the stock one. I'll look for another and see if that fixes the problem.

OP
M

MindWanderer

Reaction score
Better Keyboard seems to have solved the problem, and there's a free version. Still, it's stupid for the stock keyboard "app" to do this.

EDIT: Found a simpler solution: Switch to Swype instead of the "multi-touch keyboard". Doesn't make much difference since I use the physical keyboard 99% of the time anyway.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I totally agree. It would seem to be an easy fix but always flies under the radar. Either that or its not percieved as an issue.

tappin and a talkin