Proof of the Samsung Nexus S?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

Well we've all been hearing rumors of the supposed new Nexus device by Samsung but there has been no real hard evidence. The rumor has even been shot down by some of the big tech blogs. Today however Phandroid got a hold of a screencap from T-Mobiles mobile site showing the device. The site said "the Nexus S. Available only at Best Buy this holiday season" accompanied by a Pre-Order link.

Nobody can confirm the device exists but I personally feel this little slip up is proof that it's on the way or somebody is playing a well played joke. Either way I'm sure we will find out soon enough. Pure speculation on my part, but I believe this will be the device that will bring Gingerbread out of the oven and onto our tables.

In similar news Android and me reports that a last minute hardware issue delayed the launch. Interesting other bit of info a big holiday event that was supposed to occur on November 20th at T-Mo was canceled. So there you have it.

What say you?

Source: Phandroid

Last edited:

adjangs

Reaction score
Is it unprecedented for Best Buy to be the only outlet for a T-mobile phone? It seems odd to me but I don't know if it's happened before.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always have the feeling that we are one step ahead of most when it comes to what is going on in the World of Android - this just reaffirms that theory

Sent from my Droid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If this is true, and not some doctored photo, this would be better than the direct from Google approach used for the N1. That didnt go so well remember. Using a retail store makes more sense, and who better than Best Buy? Too bad its T-mobile only.

Sent from somewhere...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It seems that T-mobile always gets vanilla android phones. This was suposed to be called the Nexus 2 before they changed the name, right?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.
Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving in the military.
Happy Veterains Day.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I too would like to see a true 'vanilla' Android phone on other carriers (spec. VZW)...

D1 might be all we'll ever get....

DurangoJim

Reaction score
Actual pics are up on Engadget right now. I'd like it if this would come to VZW with a functioning GPS.

shdowman

Reaction score
If this was coming to VZW, I would jump on this over the "DIncHD", but it wont as I am of the firm belief that VZW was "generous" enough to let the first phone be vanilla, but will have none of that from here on out....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the looks of the screen. Not a fan of hard buttons and it looks like any soft buttons are only visible when on....