Google Confirms Nexus S by Samsung

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm seriously considering this device.

Unlocked boot loader, Google Experience phone...oh my : )

bL33d

Reaction score
I moved to T-Mo G2 from VZW Droid X almost six weeks ago. I tried the Vibrant but no LED Flash and serious lag killed it for me. I even rooted and load custom ROM but still had lag.

Now this phone is tempting. I am still sitting on my Droid X and have offers of $300 for it and someone offered me $400 for my already rooted and custom rom G2. Selling both of those it more than enough to get a Unlocked model. I will have to check it out.

Hmm i am running clean rom of the unreleased dj05 with geeknik stupidfast kernel on my fascinate and it is insanely fast. No voodoo here as that is just trash imo more of a pain then its worth.

bL33d

Reaction score
I moved to T-Mo G2 from VZW Droid X almost six weeks ago. I tried the Vibrant but no LED Flash and serious lag killed it for me. I even rooted and load custom ROM but still had lag.

Now this phone is tempting. I am still sitting on my Droid X and have offers of $300 for it and someone offered me $400 for my already rooted and custom rom G2. Selling both of those it more than enough to get a Unlocked model. I will have to check it out.

Hmm i am running clean rom of the unreleased dj05 with geeknik stupidfast kernel on my fascinate and it is insanely fast. No voodoo here as that is just trash imo more of a pain then its worth.

spec wise only diffrence i can see from a nexus s is 2.3 and a diffrent carrier?...

bL33d

Reaction score

MacPhobia

Reaction score
n n n n no. you guys got it WRONG. According to the website, nexus s releases not on t mobile but UNLOCKED from best buy. that means any gsm carrier can use it. and I'm pretty sure verison handles gsm, right?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
n n n n no. you guys got it WRONG. According to the website, nexus s releases not on t mobile but UNLOCKED from best buy. that means any gsm carrier can use it. and I'm pretty sure verison handles gsm, right?

No ,my friend, you are wrong. Verizon's 3g network is based on cdma technology. That means a gsm phone would not work on verizon.

And i'm glad ck is finally coming over to the light side, full of unlocked bootloaders and candy. Lots of candy :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I meant to say considering coming over, but at this moment he still is on our side :p maybe considering staying on our side? Lol.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Well, I meant to say considering coming over, but at this moment he still is on our side :p maybe considering staying on our side? Lol.

I'm all over this one Tank : ) only drawback is T-Mo and unfortunately that MAY be the deal breaker. I know a few people on T-Mobile and I will be inquiring about the coverage and service here in L.A.

The Hummingbird is a great processor as well. So I'm taking that into consideration. Tegra 2 and Samsungs Orion are just around the corner so thats another piece of the puzzle that I can't ignore : )

Lets just say that it takes A LOT to get me interested in a device and the Nexus S has got my attention. I haven't had the urge to jump to another device since the Droid was released.

Samsung and Hummingbird on a piece of untouched Gingerbread is a tempting treat for sure : )

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well that sux, I just read that it doenst have a micro sd card slot :(...looks like this phone is stuck with 16 gb of memory only ...reminds me of iphone

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to watch the video in the O/P - did I mention that I am a little jealous

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, HTC did a recent phone with vanilla Android, Samsung with this one...

Ok, Moto....balls in your court...here's hoping for a future Moto phone with vanilla Android again...

I want this to happen but doubt it will. Taking a look at the recent trend of motorola and how they are locking down their phones, this will probably never happen. Yah I know it sucks. Also just to point out with the exception of the Droid all vanilla android phones have been on T-mobile.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rettocs

Reaction score
I just want the Nexus rom so that I can use it on my Galaxy S. I would love any of the Nexus phones, but I can't get any if they keep going to T-Mo.