Problems with phone

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
Hey i hope someone could help me out with this

1) Airplane mode and Sound disappeared when hold down lock button (now only shows sleep and power off)

2) Have to unlock screen twice (using widget locker)

3) Home button doesn't do anything (holding down doesn't do anything either)

I used titanium backup and restored to factory settings then restored from titanium. Everything was working fine but then out of nowhere a day later the issues came back

Please help me!!

jcutter347

Reaction score
Hey i hope someone could help me out with this

1) Airplane mode and Sound disappeared when hold down lock button (now only shows sleep and power off)

2) Have to unlock screen twice (using widget locker)

3) Home button doesn't do anything (holding down doesn't do anything either)

I used titanium backup and restored to factory settings then restored from titanium. Everything was working fine but then out of nowhere a day later the issues came back

Please help me!!

Have you deleted or frozen any bloat? Are you on stock ROM or de-odexed? Also, have you made any mods?i.e. themes, permanent root, kernel module?

OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
Have you deleted or frozen any bloat? Are you on stock ROM or de-odexed? Also, have you made any mods?i.e. themes, permanent root, kernel module?

I might have deleted bloat but that was before i restored to fac settings and problem seemed to be fixed once i did

I didn't use de-odexed rom so i am on stock

I am using ADWLauncherEX and don't know what a permanent root is or kernel module

jcutter347

Reaction score
I might have deleted bloat but that was before i restored to fac settings and problem seemed to be fixed once i did

I didn't use de-odexed rom so i am on stock

I am using ADWLauncherEX and don't know what a permanent root is or kernel module

Hmmmm... once the bloat is removed, it is gone. This "could " be your problem. Restoring to factory doesn't put anything back on your phone. There is a way to replace what you have deleted. Look for posts like," removed bloat" or something like that. This is a common thing. Freezing or renaming the app will work better in the future. This way the files are always on your phone. The ADW EX shouldn't cause any problems. I ran it for a little while and had no problems. Let me see if I can find a stock copy that you can flash to give you all of the files that come on the phone. Also, droidrzr.com has some good info. as well. Moderators, I am not spamming here and I am not soliciting or anything else. I am just trying to help someone gain as much knowledge as possible. If I am not allowed to post this, let me know.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
Hmmmm... once the bloat is removed, it is gone. This "could " be your problem. Restoring to factory doesn't put anything back on your phone. There is a way to replace what you have deleted. Look for posts like," removed bloat" or something like that. This is a common thing. Freezing or renaming the app will work better in the future. This way the files are always on your phone. The ADW EX shouldn't cause any problems. I ran it for a little while and had no problems. Let me see if I can find a stock copy that you can flash to give you all of the files that come on the phone. Also, droidrzr.com has some good info. as well. Moderators, I am not spamming here and I am not soliciting or anything else. I am just trying to help someone gain as much knowledge as possible. If I am not allowed to post this, let me know.

Thank you so much. Please let me know if you find a stock ROM that i can flash to and the easiest way to flash

jcutter347

Reaction score
Thank you so much. Please let me know if you find a stock ROM that i can flash to and the easiest way to flash

You are welcome. Searching now. So far, nothing. Only the de-odexed as of right this second. I am running the 2nd build of nitro's de-odexed and it works fine, EXCEPT for some blur services. I can't use the stock Twitter app, don't know about facebook because I don't use it. But everything else works perfect. Do you use any of the blur social apps? If not, this may be a temporary solution. The camera/video, market, gmail, maps, things like that all work. Let me know. I will do what I am able to do. Keep checking back here too, others may have some suggestions as well.

OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
You are welcome. Searching now. So far, nothing. Only the de-odexed as of right this second. I am running the 2nd build of nitro's de-odexed and it works fine, EXCEPT for some blur services. I can't use the stock Twitter app, don't know about facebook because I don't use it. But everything else works perfect. Do you use any of the blur social apps? If not, this may be a temporary solution. The camera/video, market, gmail, maps, things like that all work. Let me know. I will do what I am able to do. Keep checking back here too, others may have some suggestions as well.

That sounds like a good idea. I am in the middle of downloading the Deodexed rom v2 now. Do you know the best way to flash/install the rom?

jcutter347

Reaction score
Ok. Open bootstrapper. Select the top option: "bootstrap recover" allow root permissions. It will "success" when complete. Then, select the bottom option, " reboot recovery." It will take you into recovery mode. Using the volume up/down you can scroll to make your selections. Choose wipe cache.( The power button is the "execute" button btw) This will take you to another screen asking if you want to actually wipe the cache. Scroll down (volume down button) and select "yes". This will take a moment. It will let you know it is complete at the bottom. Once it is complete, scroll down to "Advanced" and select. This will also take you to another screen with options. Choose " wipe dalvik cache". It will again, take you to another screen asking if you want to wipe. Scroll down and select yes. Once it completes wiping dalvik cache, you are ready to flash. Scroll down to "install zip from SD" and select. On the next screen, select," choose zip from sdcard". scroll down and select nitro..........zip. Choose yes when asked if that is what you want to do. Sit back and wait. When it says installation complete, hit the back button on your phone. Select "reboot sytem now" and you are good. You can also wipe data, but don't have to. Remember: scroll with the volume up/down. Select with the power button.

OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
Ok. Open bootstrapper. Select the top option: "bootstrap recover" allow root permissions. It will "success" when complete. Then, select the bottom option, " reboot recovery." It will take you into recovery mode. Using the volume up/down you can scroll to make your selections. Choose wipe cache.( The power button is the "execute" button btw) This will take you to another screen asking if you want to actually wipe the cache. Scroll down (volume down button) and select "yes". This will take a moment. It will let you know it is complete at the bottom. Once it is complete, scroll down to "Advanced" and select. This will also take you to another screen with options. Choose " wipe dalvik cache". It will again, take you to another screen asking if you want to wipe. Scroll down and select yes. Once it completes wiping dalvik cache, you are ready to flash. Scroll down to "install zip from SD" and select. On the next screen, select," choose zip from sdcard". scroll down and select nitro..........zip. Choose yes when asked if that is what you want to do. Sit back and wait. When it says installation complete, hit the back button on your phone. Select "reboot sytem now" and you are good. You can also wipe data, but don't have to. Remember: scroll with the volume up/down. Select with the power button.

Thanks! I will let you know how it goes

OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
I did everything and it rebooted into the same exact rom that i had before with all same apps and issues. It doesn't look like it did anything

EDIT: One thing i did notice was that the boot animation went back to original droid razr boot animation. Before i flashed i replaced boot animation with the Galaxy Nexus boot animation

Last edited:

jcutter347

Reaction score
I did everything and it rebooted into the same exact rom that i had before with all same apps and issues. It doesn't look like it did anything

Ok, it may still be using the old data from your original rom. Go into settings and do A factory reset. See if it is the same when after you log back into your email account and everything sets back up.

OP
A

Alex.Abraham

Reaction score
I just redid the flash but hit wipe data/factory reset before rebooting. I will let you know how everything goes