Boot loop, please help

qoncept

Reaction score
Fedex dropped off my Razr Maxx today and I immediately rooted. A while later my wife said it was updating and after the update it's stuck in a boot loop. It doesn't want to do anything. It's not totally unresponsive to button pushes but it takes forever to react and it doesn't do what I expect. Pushing and holding the power button, or power button+volume up or down or both volume buttons do seemingly random things. I'm lost.

I JUST got it to boot in to recovery or fastboot or whatever it's called. Information on this thing is all over the map and I can't even figure out if there's an sbf leaked or not.

Reaction score
There are files to flash back to restore if you need to but since you managed to get into the fastboot screen, I would just duo a data wipe first to see if that fixes the boot loop. Sometimes a data wipe fixes odd behaviors like that.

While in that category menu, use the volume down button to move the selection down to recovery. Then push the volume up button to select it. When the screen shows you the triangle, push both volume buttons at the same time. This will get you into recovery.

From there the volume buttons move up and down and the power button selects. So just highlight the wipe data option and hit power to select. This may be all your phone needs to boot up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
I did manage to get it in to recovery mode and did a factory reset. It's working now. Thanks!