Problems with Droid from ebay

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
okay so i've had a DX since the day it came out (actually had a D1 for the 30 days before that and exchanged it) and i've really loved my DX except for the fact that i miss my keyboard =[ so i've been browsing on ebay for about a month looking at D1s and D2s. I found a D1 for a reasonable price (not too much, but not so little that theres obviously something wrong with it) Anyways i got it last night and i tried to turn it on, but it wouldnt so i just figured the battery was dead. after charging all night, it still wont come on. Is there something im missing?
I've tried a battery pull, ive put my SD card form the DX in it (just trying things). I wanted to be sure i wasnt missing anything obvious before i got back on ebay and started going off.

physically - it looks like it's in GREAT shape.

thanks for any help/suggestions!

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Maybe the battery u got with it is shot and wont charge? I don't know. Lots of variables in this situation....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
g i 8 1 2

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
well this is a blower. any rom suggestions if i get it up and running? i think im going to have to check out cyogenmod, ive heard nothing but good things about that

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Roms are usless without it turning on. You should send it back and get $ back. Maybe your backlight or something is out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

montlyfool

Reaction score
check battery with another - possible bad battery?

If possible, go to your nearest Verizon store or one that may have a battery and have them check it. If a battery is worth it to purchase to get it working, then it may be the best route. If not, contact seller, but depending on what was stated in auction, he may not take back.
Good luck.

OP
g i 8 1 2

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
problem = battery
i threw in my friends battery and it works.

seller's response: the power button is on the top

asking for return or new battery. lets see how this goes?

harrellj

Reaction score
problem = battery
i threw in my friends battery and it works.

seller's response: the power button is on the top

asking for return or new battery. lets see how this goes?

Good news is that if the seller does nothing, a new battery is fairly cheap to buy.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

Reaction score
Good to hear it was just the battery. If you can't get the refund a battery from amazon is only $5.

BTW aren't you glad the droid has a removable battery? dancedroid