eBay Instant Sale- selling my droid

Smolder

Reaction score
I sold my D1 to them thru e-bay. It was over 1 year old, but great condition. They paid me $162.18. Everything was very smooth. 3 day process from start to finish. Money deposited in my acct. On same note, the reason I sold my D1 was to upgrade to a Droid X that I purchased on e-bay. This transaction turned out not so well. Seller never shipped item. E-bay refunded my money in full, including shipping. :icon_ banana: Wound up purchasing a Droid X locally from craigslist. All in all, everything turned out pretty well. Now proud owner of great phone, and didn't have to waste my upgrade. Saving that for Bionic probably.

OP
F

fevs

Reaction score
New update

They deposited the money to my paypal account. So it all worked out in the end.

wolfhound0023

Reaction score
Update:

called them today and explained the situation. They pushed through the original estimate and have already deposited into my paypal account. Had me worried for a couple of days but in the end it all worked out.

OP
F

fevs

Reaction score
Same with me, glad it worked out.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is why I buy/sell nothing from fleaBay.

eBay as a whole is damn good, I've gotten nothing but straightup dealings with anyone I've dealt with thru eBay. eBay has great feedback ratings on everyone you deal with so pretty easy to know who 'might' be problematic (which is more rare than commonplace), you as an eBay user/merchant have to be smart as well...

so I think you are giving eBay a bad rap without really knowing the whole picture brah...

UNC

Reaction score
Sell it back to Verizon.
They won't pay you cash, but you'll get a gift-card you can pay your bill with.

Smolder

Reaction score
@ Mbk, I agree 100%. I've had nothing but positive experiences purchasing/selling on e-bay. As I stated earlier, my one negative experience was completely refunded by e-bay.

louy99

Reaction score
Why not sell it yourselves on eBay? That's where you will get your most money back.

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

Smolder

Reaction score
I didn't think I could do better that $162 for original droid. Free shipping, etc. It was just too easy. I had just purchased a Droid X from Craigslist for $200. So $38 difference, not having to burn my big red upgrade, no brainer.

dan.dar

Reaction score
I sold my Palm Pre and bought the Droid through ebay. No problems in either transaction except for the fact that ebay and paypal charged me a total of $10 on a $70 sale, that's quite a profitable operation on their part.

tinibutton

Reaction score
I'm new here, hope you don't mind me jumping in the conversation, but I did a google search on eBay's Instant Sale and this thread came up. I sent off an old iPhone 3G 8GB for their "Guaranteed $200" special and they received it yesterday, and today sent me their adjusted offer of $88. Their reason was "The model reported was incorrect."... I'm a little worried this is scammy rather than just an error on their part, but either way I'm not sure how to prove the model of phone I sent in. I will call them tomorrow morning and hope it can be resolved over the phone - the couple posters with happy endings gave me hope, fingers crossed I'm just as lucky.

V

volando

Totally thought it was a scam... maybe it still is and the op is in on it (forum advertising)... really strange how anyone would give $162 for a used D1, that just makes no sense given that it's CDMA and can't be resold worldwide...

tinibutton

Reaction score
I also had the "too good to be true" feeling when I saw the ad, but decided to take the chance since it was through eBay and not some random Cell for Cash company. I called them this morning and someone answered quickly, I'm not sure if the others having problems getting through have a different number? The one I've been calling is 1-800-351-6864. I explained the problem and asked what model they claimed to have received from me, and to my annoyance she tried to get me to verbally accept their adjusted offer. I said no, that my iPhone was guaranteed to get $200. She said they showed I indicated I was sending a 3GS (which I didn't), and had mailed in a 3G. Instead of arguing that fact, I told her that according to eBay's Instant Sale page the 3G is also guaranteed $200 (unless in poor condition; mine was nearly perfect). She said something like "yes there's been some confusion on that issue" and quickly offered me the original full amount of $200 - like the op I felt that was way too easy, but I checked my PayPal about an hour later and the money is already there. So it seems to me you have a good chance of them attempting to rip you off, but if you call them out on it and press the issue just a bit they will give you the right amount. Good luck to anyone else dealing with this!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Totally thought it was a scam... maybe it still is and the op is in on it (forum advertising)... really strange how anyone would give $162 for a used D1, that just makes no sense given that it's CDMA and can't be resold worldwide...

Not that out of line I`m sorry to say...most I have seen on Craigslist around my area are anywhere from $125-$175 depending on quality and accessories.

Also, if you look over on the Classifieds Listings on Android Forums, you`ll see the OG Droid 1 retains its resell value quite well...:icon_eek: