Problems with clockworkmod recovery on my droid 2 (Milestone 2)

C

chillje

Hi, I have an European droid 2 called milestone 2 and problems with the clockworkmod recovery.
I have installed it with "Rom Manager" and try to make a backup from my rom but my droid 2 only reboots..

My second try is to boot over Rom Manger in recovery mode directly but it hangs in on a logo with a box and a droid standing for it.

After this and some googling i have found the bootstrap for droid 2.
One click on unlock bootstrap and one on reboot.. now im in the recovery mode.

I have backuped the rom and reboot in the system.

But I cant boot the recovery mode over "Boot + x" button. I can see an exclamation mark in a triangle and a droid. Now i must press the search button, but nothings appear..

Now I've bin scared to install a rom.. i cant boot into the recovery mode without a functionality system. Thats to dangerous..

Any ideas? Please help :)

HxCZombie

Reaction score
I would get the Droid 2 Bootstrapper on the market then open it and tap on the "Bootstrap Recovery"

give it a shot lol
you could also go into recovery from there too

ahC_hED

Reaction score
With the bootloader being encrypted, you can't flash a custom recovery. Your best bet would be the droid 2 bootstrap. With it, it will allow you to bootstrap CWM recovery upon reboot. Not sure if it'll work with the milestone 2 (tho it should), but it'll be the best couple of bucks you ever spent.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Now I've bin scared to install a rom.. i cant boot into the recovery mode without a functionality system. Thats to dangerous..

If event the stock recovery is broken, try D2 Boot strap but I suspect you may want to flash back to stock with an SBF for the Milestone 2 if you can find one through google, because im unsure if the regular D2 SBF will work for you.

Your best bet would be the droid 2 bootstrap. With it, it will allow you to bootstrap CWM recovery upon reboot

Just to clarify what this guy said, with Droid 2 Bootstraper, you need root which i suspect you already have, and then load the app, hit the Bootstrap Recovery button, then any time you need clockwork recovery, you launch this app and simply hit reboot recovery. No need to re-bootstrap every single time, but it doesnt hurt either.

tb110895

Reaction score

If event the stock recovery is broken, try D2 Boot strap but I suspect you may want to flash back to stock with an SBF for the Milestone 2 if you can find one through google, because im unsure if the regular D2 SBF will work for you.

Do not use a D2 SBF! Its a verizon phone and the SBF is formatted for verizon!
Im sure theres a milestone 2 version somewhere

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Do not use a D2 SBF! Its a verizon phone and the SBF is formatted for verizon!
Im sure theres a milestone 2 version somewhere

I just posted the link to the milestone sbf on another thread. I'll have to look for it again

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!