Help! Droid 2..stuck on clockwork mod recovery

esmith

Reaction score
rooted droid 2 i was installing new rom and in process i opened the zip added it to phone after that i went to rebootsystem... gets stuck in boot animation.. went into recovery mode and get stuck on ANDROID GUY WITH EXCLAMATION! cant figure out wTf to do! :( phone will not boot up whatso ever.. help!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when you see the android guy and the exclamation point, press the magnifying glass on the keyboard. this should get you in to stock recovery. from there do a wipe of data and cache and see if it won't boot up.

OP
E

esmith

Reaction score
wouldnt do nothin either im not sure what the big deal is :(

OP
E

esmith

Reaction score
is there anything i can do while im clockworkmod?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok. what rom were you trying to flash, what rom were you on, and did you make a backup before you started?

OP
E

esmith

Reaction score
ok what i have on here is ClockworkMod Recovery V2.5.0.8 when i turn my phone ON... if i do a normal REBOOT SYSTEM NOW... it just gets stuck.. i pull batt.. next i try reboot recovery.. and thats when i get the Exclamation point with triangle and android guy. previously i had the latest Zombie Stomper rom installed.. went to install a CVR app thing what that did was when i turn my screen off it turned off like a old school tv.. anyway i went to droid 2 bootstrap. did recovery installed the zip of the cvr went to rootboot and wouldnt reboot went to do reboot system didnt do anything.. did reboot recovery and got the android guy etc..

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok so you're saying you can still get in to clockwork right? of so i would try flashing the zombiestomped rom again with a data wipe if it's still on your sd card.

OP
E

esmith

Reaction score
yes clockworks works.. no zombie stomped.. what im going to try and do is install my sd card into computer and download zombie and put it in my sd card and put it back in my phone open to file thru the phone reboot system do u think this might work?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you can get any gingerbread rom's zip file on your sd card then you should hopefully be able to flash it with a data wipe in clockwork and it should get you straight. also for the future, i like to keep the zip from my rom on my sd card just for this type of reason, so that i can reflash it easily if the need arises.

OP
E

esmith

Reaction score
this is ridicoulous i cant figure out what to do nothins working

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah that's true, i figured if you could get a rom.zip on the card it would be easier, but at this point it makes sense to just sbf it and call it a day.