Problems After Software Update

GalaxyIsMine

Reaction score
Ever since Verizon's update last month, I've been experiencing some major problems with my phone. When I'm on the internet, the connection keeps getting lost every couple minutes or so. Then it connects again a few seconds later and the page is refreshed, but I lose whatever work I've put onto it. This happens when I'm inside apps, too. If I'm looking at pictures in gallery, it'll somehow refresh and bring me back to the first picture I clicked on. If I'm playing a game, the screen will freeze and after a couple seconds it will revert back to the start screen of the app. Even if I'm on the home screen, I will notice that all the widgets and shortcuts will flash (as if you've just cleared the ram or first powered up the phone) and the WiFi connection will be lost and found again. It's getting very frustrating because I can't really use my phone properly or do anything much on it. Please help if you can. Thank you.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Ever since Verizon's update last month, I've been experiencing some major problems with my phone. When I'm on the internet, the connection keeps getting lost every couple minutes or so. Then it connects again a few seconds later and the page is refreshed, but I lose whatever work I've put onto it. This happens when I'm inside apps, too. If I'm looking at pictures in gallery, it'll somehow refresh and bring me back to the first picture I clicked on. If I'm playing a game, the screen will freeze and after a couple seconds it will revert back to the start screen of the app. Even if I'm on the home screen, I will notice that all the widgets and shortcuts will flash (as if you've just cleared the ram or first powered up the phone) and the WiFi connection will be lost and found again. It's getting very frustrating because I can't really use my phone properly or do anything much on it. Please help if you can. Thank you.

Have you tried clearing your cache? And did you do an fdr after the update?

feralchick

Reaction score
Try removing the battery for a few minutes. It sometimes clears out the little glitches in your phone.

If that doesn't help, remove battery, remove SIM card and restart the phone without the SIM card. Shut down, reinsert SIM and restart phone. Check your network settings and make sure they are set to LTE/CDMA and not to Global as the phone seems to default to the Global setting.

Might also be a memory issue with apps constantly running in background. Check battery usage to see what is using the battery. You can also shut off notifications for apps that you don't need constant notifications such as any social networking (ex: Facebook/new status posted) and on games (ex: your bonus is ready). Settings, manage apps, and remove the check mark for notifications for the specific app.

Someone also suggested (somewhere on the forum) about disabling S-Voice if you don't use it and I have noticed my phone runs smoother.

If none of this works then do the factory reset.

sjpritch25

Reaction score
It would seem that you are a victom of the bad update that vzw sent out. I don't know of a fix other than getting down and dirty with your phone. Go to Settings>> About Phone and let me know what your baseband is. Thanks

OP
G

GalaxyIsMine

Reaction score
Try removing the battery for a few minutes. It sometimes clears out the little glitches in your phone.

If that doesn't help, remove battery, remove SIM card and restart the phone without the SIM card. Shut down, reinsert SIM and restart phone. Check your network settings and make sure they are set to LTE/CDMA and not to Global as the phone seems to default to the Global setting.

Might also be a memory issue with apps constantly running in background. Check battery usage to see what is using the battery. You can also shut off notifications for apps that you don't need constant notifications such as any social networking (ex: Facebook/new status posted) and on games (ex: your bonus is ready). Settings, manage apps, and remove the check mark for notifications for the specific app.

Someone also suggested (somewhere on the forum) about disabling S-Voice if you don't use it and I have noticed my phone runs smoother.

If none of this works then do the factory reset.
Well, I took out the battery and SIM card and switched my settings(it was on global), and now it's working so much better!!! Thank you so much, I really didn't want to go through a factory reset! :)