My GS3 Won't Let Me Check For Updates

vett96mik

Reaction score
Recently, when I've checked for an update on my phone it gives me a notice saying something to the tune of "you need service to check for an update". It gives me this when I'm connected to WiFi of 4G/3G. What should I do about this? I have attached a picture as an example of what actually happens.

Thanks

DRX1983

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, did some googling on this issue but unfortunately I have yet to solve the problem.

ccolston

Reaction score
I checked other forums and found that you can try this: Settings > Application Manager > Google Service Framework > Force Stop/Clear Data/Enable.
It worked for me!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well I had this exact same problem on both my Bionic and X2. I tried EVERYTHING. Even stuff I didn't think would work.

Only thing to do is a FDR. I can almost guarantee that'll fix it. Sad, but true.

OP
V

vett96mik

Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:
Well I had this exact same problem on both my Bionic and X2. I tried EVERYTHING. Even stuff I didn't think would work.

Only thing to do is a FDR. I can almost guarantee that'll fix it. Sad, but true.

How do you FDR and what should I save/do before I FDR?

OP
V

vett96mik

Reaction score
I would really like to fix this problem, anymore suggestions?

Reaction score
Trust me i do to, has anyone try contacting verizon or samsung? Do we return or phones for new ones?