My GS3 Won't Let Me Check For Updates

OP
V

vett96mik

Reaction score
I have no idea and haven't checked, you'd hope there would be a patch but it's not like we could download it anyways

OP
V

vett96mik

Reaction score
I actually used Kies a few days ago after this problem began, but I couldn't find anywhere in the application on my computer to update my phone. I must have missed something. If you find out how please let me know.

garyrh

Reaction score
My wife has the problem on her phone but I don't. There are many people with this problem on other forums.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Even though it didn't work for you internet, I would still suggest others having this issue trying it.

If that doesn't work, then your final option is to call in for a replacement. I couldn't install the update, tried everything...didn't have a choice if I wanted JB in the future. Sucks it's not the original, but don't let the internet scare you. Unless you're a total hypochondriac it's almost like getting a brand new phone.

garyrh

Reaction score
Question has anyone changed out there sim card for this problem because I checked on GSlll ATT forum over at Android Central and someone changed out there sim card and it fixed the problem.

TheGoodKid

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I get the same message. I'm not rooted, never have been on my GS3.

perrine219

Reaction score
I too had the same problem. Up until 9-30-12... it let me check for software update after that said service unavailable. I tried FDR, new SIM, called Verizon and Samsung and all fails. So... they sent me a replacement and now it's working fine. Verizon and Samsung acted like they never heard of it but I know there has to be more than just a few random people. Good luck!!

garyrh

Reaction score
Well I am going to the Verizon store and see if they will change out the sim card to see if it is the problem. I will post back if it solves it.

OP
V

vett96mik

Reaction score
When you got a replacement from Verizon, you didn't have to pay, did you?

garyrh

Reaction score
Well I am back from Verizon and they put a new sim card in and problem solved. Something must of corrputed the card from the last update on some sim cards. They replaced it for free.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Mine wouldn't install. Same SIM card, also a new phone. Works even better than before.

And no you don't pay anything, it's covered under warranty and is free overnight shipping, as well as a free return box/label you can leave in your mailbox.