Problems activating?

PhontomF

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem ....tried like 10 times now. Also tried pulling the battery.

yiannis

Reaction score
Tried the battery pull and it didn't work, but when I also pulled the SIM and did a battery pull the wireless signal (not for data, for phone) went from 0/1 to 3 bars. However, the activation did not go through even with my OG Droid turned off.

MichaelD

Reaction score
At 9am EDT Thursday, after the activation didn't complete the first time in 10 minutes, the sales guy told me to reboot the phone & try again. We didn't have to pull battery or SIM. The second try took about 8 minutes to activate. Was able to enter gmail UN/PW & everything synced from Google just fine from there.
After leaving the store, I tried to place my first phone call...phone wasn't recognized on the network. Did a power-cycle & things have been good since then.
The activation process on these things is MUCH LONGER than the process on my original Motorola Droid.

Another helpful hint: Pull (and keep pulled) the battery from your old phone during the activation process so you can guarantee is isn't causing a problem.

jtys17

Reaction score
My phone just arrived in the mail but there's no sim card installed - was is packed separately or something? Was I supposed to purchase one separately?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
sim cards are free. If you didn't get one, go by a local Verizon store and they can hook you up.

Should have been included though...

mopar

Reaction score
Hey guys I had problems activating my phone. So I called Verizon and had me going in about 10 minutes. She asked me for my sim number and wala activated.dancedroid

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Finally!

I tried to activate my phone and after 4 times of no success, I called customer service. The rep said he needed a number under my battery and my sim card number. I asked him why, if that is part of the process, it is not included in the easy activation guide that came with the phone. He responded that some of that information is already provided in some of the phones that go out but not in all of them.

So, if I wouldn't have called - I would never have gotten activation!

Oh, and the sim card looks like a gift card and came in a large red folder included in the box with the phone.

brianlayman

Reaction score
It is in the little cardboardy thing in the red 5 1/2" x 8" folder that contains your receipt.
It is a credit card sized plastic wrapped thing that unfolds and has a 4g logo on the front of it.

roach

Reaction score
7 hours not working,whats up with these phones it's 2:04 am been playing with it since 5pm i took my sim card out,then called verizion still down.