Problems activating?

Goofy Yno

Reaction score
Is anyone else haveing problems activating? I figure there is just a lot of activity- it starts to activate, says to wait for activation before restarting , than say there's a problem, and goes dark.

tmc

Reaction score
I had that problem yesterday. Finally went through on the third try.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Im having this problem right now. Iv tried to let it activate 3-5 times. Then says it had a problem. Hopefully soon it will go thur

BadGuppy

Reaction score
It took 2 tries and 10 min on the second try yesterday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Droid_Fanatic

Reaction score
I picked my Bionic up yesterday when it didn't activate the salesperson did a battery and Sim pull and when they were reinstalled the phone activated in just a couple minutes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

brianlayman

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

My packaging didn't come with an activation guide. So, I'm just assuming I am doing things right. (Please correct me otherwise.)

1. Insert sim card,
2. Charge battery,
3. Turn off old phone,
4. Turn on new.

Seems like it should be straight forward.

This sucker sure pumps out a nice loud pulse to my speaker when it reaches out for the network..

w3man

Reaction score
It took about 10 minutes for mine to activate this morning. It did go through

tgs3838

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

My packaging didn't come with an activation guide. So, I'm just assuming I am doing things right. (Please correct me otherwise.)

1. Insert sim card,
2. Charge battery,
3. Turn off old phone,
4. Turn on new.

Seems like it should be straight forward.

This sucker sure pumps out a nice loud pulse to my speaker when it reaches out for the network..

Thats what Im doing and mine hasnt went thur yet. It tries to activate for 3-4 minutes then says I have a problem . Maybe the activation network is bogged down or something. Hopefully soon it will go thur. Im ready to test it out.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Iv prob done it 10-15 times now. Im thinking about calling customer service soon if it doesnt go through. But They probably cant do anything about it

Darkstepa

Reaction score
The saleswoman had that problem with my phone also. She tried the battery trick and it went thru the next time.

Reaction score
Once it got to the enter your gmail info portion of it, I had problems logging in. Turned the device off and back on again and it worked.

brianlayman

Reaction score
I called them and once I got through to the second level of support, I read them my sim card number and it worked.

The first level person was particularly unhelpful this time. He told me because I removed and reseated the card, I'd destroyed it as these cards were single use and he'd have to mail a new card out to me or I would have to go into a store. I pressed him on that and he said he didn't disagree with my understanding of sim cards but that's what it says (He put me on hold and eventually came back to say - Oh that's only if you have ordered a new sim card) I guess we were all new at our jobs once...

ANYWAY, IT WORKS!!!!!