Problem with audio and headphones

ApoCalypse5

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wiko Darkmoon
Hi!

I recently bought a new pair of headphones, which are the Logitech ultimate ears 350vi. I normally use these on my ipod and this works fine. Now... I'm thinking about use them on my Wiko Darkmoon, but this is where my problem starts.

When I plug them in, it seems like my droid doesn't recognize them, allthough the sound comes through them. This doesn't seem bad, but the problem is that the sound is also playing through my external speakers.

I've searched for solutions and allready tried rebooting, which doens't help at all.
It also don't think the problem is the jack, because I've tried different other headphones and they work perfectly fine.

Does anyobody have a clue how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

D

Divergent

Hi!

I recently bought a new pair of headphones, which are the Logitech ultimate ears 350vi. I normally use these on my ipod and this works fine. Now... I'm thinking about use them on my Wiko Darkmoon, but this is where my problem starts.

When I plug them in, it seems like my droid doesn't recognize them, allthough the sound comes through them. This doesn't seem bad, but the problem is that the sound is also playing through my external speakers.

I've searched for solutions and allready tried rebooting, which doens't help at all.
It also don't think the problem is the jack, because I've tried different other headphones and they work perfectly fine.

Does anyobody have a clue how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!
I can't actually help you but can you help me by sharing me your stock wallpapers?

Sent through my brain using impulses

OP
A

ApoCalypse5

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wiko Darkmoon
I can't actually help you but can you help me by sharing me your stock wallpapers?

Sent through my brain using impulses

Not quite since my phone battery is down atm :/

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Odd.. Are these iem's? (in ear monitors).. Have you looked to make sure you don't have something blocking your plug from going all the way in?

I use Westone w3's, w4r's, w60's,and es60's with my android devices.. All with no issues..

What kind of cable are you using?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I had never heard of a Wiko Darkman and after Googling it and everything coming up in French, I finally found an English language spec sheet. It says it has a standard 3.5 mm jack, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. I know in similar situations like yours, certain headphones & ear buds sometimes have difficulties seating correctly on certain devices so make sure it's pushed in all the way. I know that sounds like an obvious and simple fix, I mean of course you're going to make sure it's plugged in right, but believe it or not there have been instances where a little more pressure is required to ensure the plug is seated properly in the jack. I had this very issue happen to me on my S3 with a pair of Sennheisers. They felt like they were completely plugged in but after applying a bit more pressure, they connected properly and worked great.
That's all I can think of considering everything else you've tried. Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

OP
A

ApoCalypse5

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wiko Darkmoon
Well...
I am even more confused now. To answer your questions: 1) Yes, these are in ears
2) It's a regular 3.5 mm Jack and an AUX.
3) I looked whether there was something blocking it, but I don't think there is.

Cr6 I did what you said, but it can't go any deeper. Now I tried to not put it all the way in and it's really weird, but it seems like it connect for a second and I even tried listening and sound then only comes through the earbuds. However when I move a little bit, it again loses its connection and starts playing through the speakers as well or just plugs out of my phone.

Thanks for your replies by the way!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmm.. Perhaps your 3.5 mm male plug, is damaged... Try another set of cheap headphones in the device.. If they work fine... Its your plug.. If they don't.. Its hardware aka your female plug on the phone.

OP
A

ApoCalypse5

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wiko Darkmoon
Hmmm.. Perhaps your 3.5 mm male plug, is damaged... Try another set of cheap headphones in the device.. If they work fine... Its your plug.. If they don't.. Its hardware aka your female plug on the phone.

I allready tried another pair of headphones and these seemed to be working just fine. I just found something else though. When I plug them in halfway and I get the signal, if I then put something on (music, youtube,...) and plug them in all the way, the signal doesn't go away and they work as they should be working.

I actually don't even know... :D but I guess I'll just have to do it this way.

Thanks everyone!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Odd... Good luck.. :)

P

promo87

Well...
I am even more confused now. To answer your questions: 1) Yes, these are in ears
2) It's a regular 3.5 mm Jack and an AUX.
3) I looked whether there was something blocking it, but I don't think there is.
Thanks for your replies by the way!

Well. I guess those earphones may be having some defect and this may be the reason why it's not supporting your device have you tried changing the earphones. Do one thing why don't you first try testing those ear plugs over the some other device and see if the pair works well with the other device or not. I would say why don't you move over to the nearest support for dealing your way through the problem.