Moto Droid Phone Audio Jack Problem

Xemnova

Reaction score
I used to listen to Pandora a bit until it started making this ungodly digital crackling noise whenever I had my headphones in and the plug in part moved just the right way, even if it was miniscule. I also noticed that sometimes it'd do this with no movement and may even go as far as playing the music through the Droids speakers instead of the headphones. I know it isn't the headphones because I listen to music fine on my iPod Touch using them. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Many droids have this issue. You should turn it in for warranty replacement.

shiccy

Reaction score
Just as a warning, though, if you are getting the replacement through Verizon, you should be aware they'll be shipping you a refurb one... that being said, many times these POS's are refurb'ed for a reason. I got one that the screen wouldn't shut off when I put it to my head. UGH.

FWIW I think it's just the streaming audio apps, because I do NOT have this problem with playing music from my SD Card (I have the same issue w/ Pandora *AND* Slacker). I had contacted Pandora b/c I have Pandora One and they told me to uninstall, reinstall, and see if that would work for me. I have a feeling it's due to the lower bitrate they have the audio set to when on a mobile device, as these don't support (yet) higher bitrate audio.

OP
Xemnova

Xemnova

Reaction score
Oh really? I'll try through SD card and see if there's a difference. Also I bought mine at Best Buy and got the Best Buy Warranty so it wouldn't be through Verizon... I think. Haha, thanks for the help. I'll be sure to see if its just Pandora's App.