Moto Droid Phone Audio Jack Problem

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Xemnova, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Xemnova

Xemnova Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used to listen to Pandora a bit until it started making this ungodly digital crackling noise whenever I had my headphones in and the plug in part moved just the right way, even if it was miniscule. I also noticed that sometimes it'd do this with no movement and may even go as far as playing the music through the Droids speakers instead of the headphones. I know it isn't the headphones because I listen to music fine on my iPod Touch using them. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem?

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Many droids have this issue. You should turn it in for warranty replacement.

3. Xemnova

Xemnova Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, Ok. Thanks.

4. shiccy

shiccy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just as a warning, though, if you are getting the replacement through Verizon, you should be aware they'll be shipping you a refurb one... that being said, many times these POS's are refurb'ed for a reason. I got one that the screen wouldn't shut off when I put it to my head. UGH.

FWIW I think it's just the streaming audio apps, because I do NOT have this problem with playing music from my SD Card (I have the same issue w/ Pandora *AND* Slacker). I had contacted Pandora b/c I have Pandora One and they told me to uninstall, reinstall, and see if that would work for me. I have a feeling it's due to the lower bitrate they have the audio set to when on a mobile device, as these don't support (yet) higher bitrate audio.

5. Xemnova

Xemnova Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh really? I'll try through SD card and see if there's a difference. Also I bought mine at Best Buy and got the Best Buy Warranty so it wouldn't be through Verizon... I think. Haha, thanks for the help. I'll be sure to see if its just Pandora's App.