Predict ICS landing date thread!

Droid101

Reaction score
Though Q2 is when everyone is expecting it, I think it will be later. I say that because that is when Moto is releasing it. VZW still is the one to push it and add their crap. Probably sometime in Q3

You misunderstand Q2 is when the update will be PUSHED that is the time frame guaranteed by Motorola for a push, that doesn't mean that is when it is given to Verizon that has already been done, Id say a final build is more than likely in testing just hasn't leaked and I say June 21:happy3:

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
When Deloreans are updated to have FLUX CAPACITORS!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I'm hoping for sometime this week, if not, then June 27th. My birthday. :D

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Droid101 said:
You misunderstand Q2 is when the update will be PUSHED that is the time frame guaranteed by Motorola for a push, that doesn't mean that is when it is given to Verizon that has already been done, Id say a final build is more than likely in testing just hasn't leaked and I say June 21:happy3:

What would lead you to say the final build is already in testing? With a new build getting compiled about every week tells me it's still in development.

Since the build from the 2nd sounded like it was getting pretty close, I'm going to to use wishful thinking that yesterday's build will he the final. Assuming nothing goes wrong & testing phase has usually taken about 1mo, my guess OTA will push on July 16th.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

honors21

Reaction score
Its ready for roll out but Verizon is having issues with their servers to handle it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Its ready for roll out but Verizon is having issues with their servers to handle it.

I'm pretty sure that the updates, when pushed, come from Motorola's servers and not from Verizon's. The only thing of Verizon's that gets used is the cellular network if someone decides to download it over 3G/4G.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

It's tough to believe anything in an article that has inaccurate information as the foundation of what it presents. It's basis is the June 12 release rumor, which was incorrect to begin with. And, if the update was ready to go and a server error is all that held it back, why did a new one - with yesterday's date as the build date - pop up on Motorola's servers? Plus, the article is a few days old, claiming the servers caused the delay in May which resulted in the push being moved to June 12.

Motorola handles the release of the soak tests from their servers, and they go out in the exact same manner that a general OTA release is pushed. Motorola uses IMEI numbers to make sure the right people get the soak test push (although a few random ones still sneak through to non-soak testers). The update push is all done on Motorola's end after Verizon approves it.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
From what I know(not much) :evil: moto sends the soak out to no.testers knowingly. For what purpose idk...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
From what I know(not much) :evil: moto sends the soak out to no.testers knowingly. For what purpose idk...

I've been notified that I'm going to be a part of the soak test each time I've taken part in one. They definitely send out some random ones without notification though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've been notified that I'm going to be a part of the soak test each time I've taken part in one. They definitely send out some random ones without notification though.

I'm with ya there. What ticked me off was the last soak for razrs I couldn't participate because I was hung up with the delayed x2 soak... grrrrrrrr. But i have three maxx's now signed up for soaks... actually all of my devices are except my xyboard :)