Powering up?

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Hello.

After charging, with power off, powering up doesn't respond to the first initial press and hold. No problem with a second press and hold.

I thought this might be a setting to prevent accidental powering up, but any other rebooting (when charging is not involved) always responds to the initial press and hold.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It could be.. idk. When its charging, a press of the power button, or volume +/- will bring up the charge meter, so perhaps this is related?

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Checking the charge meter is fine. No issue with that at all. Only with the initial press and hold after charging.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow CMDRSTP, I think you may have hit on something. It use to annoy the bejeebies out of me when my phone would accidently power up while charging just because I happened to hit the power button. I just tested it out and sure enough, it doesn't power up when charging on the first hit. That works great for me... no more accidentally powering up when charging!

OP
CMDRSTP

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
Wow CMDRSTP, I think you may have hit on something. It use to annoy the bejeebies out of me when my phone would accidently power up while charging just because I happened to hit the power button. I just tested it out and sure enough, it doesn't power up when charging on the first hit. That works great for me... no more accidentally powering up when charging!

Works for me, too. I don't mind it now that I know. Just wondered if mine was the only one that did it. And, I agree, I hate sensitive accidental power ups.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I always assumed i didn't hold it long enough. I kept chalking it up to user error!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Me too, xfactor. Matter of fact, there were times that I went to turn my phone on only to wonder why it didn't turn on. Duh, on me! But thanks to CMDRSTP, I can be happy it wasn't me but ICS! I like it though!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yep, looks like a definite change in operation. Used to be that you could only be sure not to accidentally power up by using the Volume Up and Down buttons (Thanks 94lt1 and others). Before being informed of those alternatives to the power button to view charge level, I had to be VERY careful not to hit it too long, or accidentally double-press or it would power up, but now it appears that the same holds true for the Power button. Good catch, great fix.