trying to clear cache, STUCK

gpigate

Reaction score
Phone is really slow so I went to clear the cache based on the instructions. I get into the boot menu and select recovery. After about 10 seconds the droid bot shows up with the exclamation on his chest and it will not go any further.

1. Power the device off.
2. press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and then press the power button on the right side of the device until a Boot Mode Selection Menu appears.
3. Press Volume Down to highlight Recovery, then press Volume Up.

So after step is when the droid shows up. What am I doing wrong?

aarong03

Reaction score
Phone is really slow so I went to clear the cache based on the instructions. I get into the boot menu and select recovery. After about 10 seconds the droid bot shows up with the exclamation on his chest and it will not go any further.

1. Power the device off.
2. press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons and then press the power button on the right side of the device until a Boot Mode Selection Menu appears.
3. Press Volume Down to highlight Recovery, then press Volume Up.

So after step is when the droid shows up. What am I doing wrong?

Once at the little android you need to push the up and down buttons at the same time to get to the next menu.

OP
G

gpigate

Reaction score
woooohooooo got it. Thanks. it took me a lot of tries to hit them at the same time :)

djspy

Reaction score
Push the volume down button first then push the volume up button and then release both of them at the same time. It can be tricky if you try to push them at the same time.

wishmasstir

Reaction score
well since the OP get his to work, i'll ask this here. I can get to the boot mode selection screen but i can't select anything, my volume down button will not allow me to move to "recovery". my volume down button works fine otherwise