power off problem

calguy19

Reaction score
Found yet another problem with gingerbread (2.3.3) on droid x. When you turn OFF the phone with the power button, about 30 seconds later it turns itself back on. Doesn't do this everytime, but it does do it intermittently. Not just my phone, but my brother's DX also.

What kind of "programmers" are writing the code for our operating systems? And when major bugs are discovered, like this one, and the Compass API bug, why doesn't google give a crap? They don't seem to be doing anything to fix the bugs in their operating system.

Hate to say this, but Apple is looking a lot better than Android these days. At least their software and their apps work. If and when there is a problem, they actually seem concerned enough about their customers to get it fixed.

Natey2

Reaction score
Found yet another problem with gingerbread (2.3.3) on droid x. When you turn OFF the phone with the power button, about 30 seconds later it turns itself back on. Doesn't do this everytime, but it does do it intermittently. Not just my phone, but my brother's DX also.

What kind of "programmers" are writing the code for our operating systems? And when major bugs are discovered, like this one, and the Compass API bug, why doesn't google give a crap? They don't seem to be doing anything to fix the bugs in their operating system.

This kind:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=7991

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

Qball32

Reaction score
Mine did this as well, about 50% of the time. Verizon replaced the phone last week, hasn't happened with this one yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

calguy19

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd DX. First one had bad audio jack, replaced phone. Second one unstable and would suddenly crash/reboot all by itself (wasn't even using anything at the time). Third one more stable, but has the roboot after power off problem. It's also a pain in the butt to replace a phone (have to reinstalll all the apps and re-create all the folders). And a phone exchange could bring you some new set of problems. Also, noticed some app shortcuts would disappear from time to time with gingerbread. Fortunately found a fix on this forum (disappearing apps are the ones on the SD card, but DX has a lot of phone memory, so moving the apps to the main memory is not a problem).