X OS Update

ij1936

Reaction score
I updated the operating system per prompt to the 4.5.605 and the problem I've encountered is when I power off, the device will turn itself back on:angry:. I find this really annoying. Any suggestions? I am not tech savvy so plain english in layman terms is appreciated! If this issue has been addressed in another thread, direction to the thread would be nice. Thank you

OP
ij1936

ij1936

Reaction score
I'm guessing that this will erase all pictures and apps that I've added.

leftspin

Reaction score
It doesn't touch anything on your SD card. Your pictures should be fine and Google backs up all your market installed apps.

Mogaar

Reaction score
Did this fix the problem? I am having the same issue with my Droid X. Sometimes I have to shut it down 2 or 3 times before it will stay off.

OP
ij1936

ij1936

Reaction score
Yes it did. However I lost my apps and had to find them again. Thankfully they were all free but unfortunately one of my apps is no longer available.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can always root and install Titanium Backup. Or search Google for the app name .apk

Boot Manager

OP
ij1936

ij1936

Reaction score
I did a search for the lost app and found a site that said the app is no longer available. It was the Mongo ringtone maker which was great because I could record some odd sound and use that as a ringtone or notification tone. I guess I don't really need it since I keep my phone of silent anyway!

OP
ij1936

ij1936

Reaction score
Well, now it seems the hard restart didn't solve the problem. I shut the phone off last night and when I woke up the phone was on with a notification telling me I have an update for one of my apps.

Mogaar

Reaction score
Guess I won't be doing the factory reset. I also have some old apps installed I don't want to lose and I haven't had very good luck with the back-up apps either.
Maybe I'll just leave it on all the time.

OP
ij1936

ij1936

Reaction score
I stopped in Verizon today and they couldn't help. I was told to contact technical service. I'll be calling them tomorrow. I'll post the results.

OP
ij1936

ij1936

Reaction score
...and the saga continues... Called verizon on Tuesday and was told that they'll ship me another phone under warranty. This now will make a total of four Droid Xs that I will have had in the past six months. Fed Ex called on Wednesday morning wanting to know my address. It seems that the genius I was dealing with somehow shipped it to a non-existent address in downtown Chicago which is some 650 miles from where I live.:mad: Fed Ex wanted me to call Verizon and have them call Fed Ex to change the shipping address. I told Fed Ex to return it to Verizon. I called Verizon on Thursday, got the mess straightened out and was told that I'll have the phone on Friday. Friday came and went without a Fed Ex delivery but I did receive a shipment e-mail from Verizon telling me the phone shipped...on Friday!!!!:mad::mad::mad: Now I won't have the phone until Monday and how much would you like to bet the problem remains? Probably should have gotten an iPhone.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and the saga continues... Called verizon on Tuesday and was told that they'll ship me another phone under warranty. This now will make a total of four Droid Xs that I will have had in the past six months. Fed Ex called on Wednesday morning wanting to know my address. It seems that the genius I was dealing with somehow shipped it to a non-existent address in downtown Chicago which is some 650 miles from where I live.:mad: Fed Ex wanted me to call Verizon and have them call Fed Ex to change the shipping address. I told Fed Ex to return it to Verizon. I called Verizon on Thursday, got the mess straightened out and was told that I'll have the phone on Friday. Friday came and went without a Fed Ex delivery but I did receive a shipment e-mail from Verizon telling me the phone shipped...on Friday!!!!:mad::mad::mad: Now I won't have the phone until Monday and how much would you like to bet the problem remains? Probably should have gotten an iPhone.

Watch that they don't charge you for it... Verizon lost the DX I had sent them and then tried to get me to pay full price. Then they wanted to give me a mail in rebate for $100 and I was pissed. I didn't even have a mail in rebate when I bought the phone. After several hours on the phone and it was all said and done, they still screwed me out of $20.

Boot Manager

OP
ij1936

ij1936

Reaction score
I received a text from Verizon informing me that they have the mis-directed phone back. All I can say is that if this replacement phone doesn't work, I'm gong to get an iPhone. I have a refurbished iPad and iPod and have never had any problems. The only reason I didn't get one from Verizon was that all their iPhones were new and I didn't want to buy new when I've had relatively good luck with refurbished.