Power on screen is frozen

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by comtech, Sep 7, 2010.

1. comtech

comtech New Member

About 75% of the time when I remove my Droid X from the holster it will display 50% of the screen fine but the lower half is totally black. All buttons are frozen and do nothing. A quick press of the power button to turn off the display and then a quick press again will fix the problem 100% of the time and allow me to unlock the phone. I haven't sent the phone in for repair yet since the workaround is quick, easy and reliable but it is getting annoying. Has anyone else run into this problem? All updates are applied.
  2. wdprice3

wdprice3 New Member

haven't seen this issue... but it only happens when leaving a holster and not just waking up? do you have some type of special holster...? I know blackberry holsters used to have a magnet in them, which would tell the phone to keep the screen off... but I'm not aware of any such capability with the droids...

battery pull? rooted/custom rom? OS version?
  3. comtech

comtech New Member

Already tried several things before posting

As per Motorola's recommendation I did a factory reset, etc. Nothing seems to help. The holster is just a leather holster that does have a magnet (albeit a weak one). The problem does appear to only happen when removing the phone from the holster. It is entirely possilble that the camera or volume buttons are getting pressed briefly as I remove it from the holster. With the phone locked you wouldn't think that to have any effect though. I posted this mainly to find out if it might be a chronic problem others are having too.
  4. wdprice3

wdprice3 New Member

If it only happens with that holster, then I'm thinking the holster is the issue.... try carrying it in your pocket for a while?
  5. comtech

comtech New Member

I applied 2.2 update yesterday

So far I haven't had a single glitch on the phone since the update was applied. I've got my fingers crossed that solved the problem. I guess it wasn't a problem with the holster after all.
Search tags for this page
droid eris screen frozen

fix frozen screen android

frozen fusion 2
frozen screen on fusion 2

fusion 2 froze

fusion 2 screen frozen
how to fix a frozen fusion 2
how to fix droid phone that is frozen

how to fix frozen android screen

how to fix frozen droid

how to power off a frozen screen with android