X OS Update

OP
ij1936

ij1936

Reaction score
The latest Droid X does the same thing as the previous phone so now Verizon sent me a Droid X2. The only problem is that the battery is not interchangeable between the two phones. Add to that, the shade of black is different so the battery cover from the X is different from the X2. Tech support told me that I had to buy the battery and back cover. If I could have reached through te phone, I'd strangled the moron so I hung up and called back. The person on the other side was nice and ordered me a betters and cover to match the new phone. She said it would ship next day air. What she didn't tell me is that someone needed to sign for the package. No one was home when FedEx arrived. If the doesn't work I'm going to start using tin cans and string or a bullhorn.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The latest Droid X does the same thing as the previous phone so now Verizon sent me a Droid X2. The only problem is that the battery is not interchangeable between the two phones. Add to that, the shade of black is different so the battery cover from the X is different from the X2. Tech support told me that I had to buy the battery and back cover. If I could have reached through te phone, I'd strangled the moron so I hung up and called back. The person on the other side was nice and ordered me a betters and cover to match the new phone. She said it would ship next day air. What she didn't tell me is that someone needed to sign for the package. No one was home when FedEx arrived. If the doesn't work I'm going to start using tin cans and string or a bullhorn.

I have a x and an x2... And the batteries and back door are interchangeable...both are the bh5x

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Last edited:
OP
ij1936

ij1936

Reaction score
Yeah I know now. Verizon has some really moronic people working for them since I had two tech support persons tell me that the batteries were different. I could have had this replacement X2 up and running last Friday! I just hope the phone stays off when I shut if off.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Haha... Ya... I've heard some pretty funny stories....

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer