Droid X Market App update causes issue with Market App Start-up

humanist1988

Reaction score
I'm interested in finding out how to prevent the Market App from updating. Whenever the Market App is updated (to Version 3.1.5), the app logs in just fine a few times, but then asks for a password (for google or youtube... can't remember which) after a short time. Upon entering the correct password and tapping the accept/enter/whatever button... The prompt then asks for the password over and over again.

The fix I have found that works is to un-install the (Market App) updates (to Version 2.3.4), power off and restart. Then there is no problem starting the Market App. Eventually the Market App will update automatically, then the issue of not accepting the proper password starts again. So then I un-install Market App updates. And the cycle continues.

I'm running (if it makes a difference):
System Version: 4.5.605.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Android Version: 2.3.3
Build Number: 4.5.1_57_DX5-35

Last edited:
OP
humanist1988

humanist1988

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've tried clearing the data and cache... Will try it again next time the issue occurs. If no fix... I may try the market you mention. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
humanist1988

humanist1988

Reaction score
When I clear cache/data it doesn't fix the issue... But... If I reboot after clearing the data, the problem goes away for a short time but then reappears.

Can someone post a link for installing ICS market? I haven't rooted my phone. Do I need to root to install ICS market?

leftspin

Reaction score
When I clear cache/data it doesn't fix the issue... But... If I reboot after clearing the data, the problem goes away for a short time but then reappears.

Can someone post a link for installing ICS market? I haven't rooted my phone. Do I need to root to install ICS market?

clearing the system data/cache is different than clearing app data and cache, go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Market>Clear Data after installing the Market update and see if that helps.

You do need root to install the ICS Market app, but here is some info: Android Market 3.2 APK Download Leaked From Ice Cream Sandwich [Direct Link] | Redmond Pie

PeakyBoo

Reaction score
clearing the system data/cache is different than clearing app data and cache, go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Market>Clear Data after installing the Market update and see if that helps.

You do need root to install the ICS Market app, but here is some info: Android Market 3.2 APK Download Leaked From Ice Cream Sandwich [Direct Link] | Redmond Pie

Hey guys just thought id ask if anyone has fo.und a REAL fix for this issue? I have been having this same issue ever since updating to v605 clearing data and all that only works for maybe 30 seconds after I open Market... then it updates and my apps are not listed in MY APPS anymore but if I search for them they are there and say purchased(for the ones I don't have installed) or installed for the one Stuart are... any help would be greatly appreciated.. oh ya Goggle didn't care about it says its me not them.lol

Last edited: