Droid X user for 2 years....

timmerz

Reaction score
When I first got my Droid X a couple of years ago, I was Corporate Synced with my Company email, and things were splendid, then the big update came along (not tech-savvy enough to be able to identify the update, but it's the only big Android update I've seen to date where I've had to re-boot afterwards) and immediately I lost the Corp Sync due to our IT Dept. deeming the Android OS susceptible to invasion and therefor becoming a risk to the Corporate Infrastructure. The only way I can get back into Corp Sync for company email is by getting into an IPhone.
Does anybody know if the Android tech savvies are aware of this, and if it's ever going to be addressed?
Thanks a mil,
Tim

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Any OS is susceptible to an invasion, why your company chose to not support Android is something we can't answer. It could be they're aware of "root" and that it grants administrative access, but the same can be said for iPhone and jailbreaking.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Attempt to get the email settings from one of your iPhone friends... that or have your email forwarded to a Gmail account.