Possible with Rooted Droid?

michaelearth

Reaction score
I am thinking of rooting my Motorola Droid for the fact that Motorola may have under clocked the processor. So I would like to overclock the processor to a higher but safe clock speed.

Now is this possible? Or is this dumb to do?

Also, what other cool things can you do with a rooted Droid besides tethering?

Thanks!!!

Droids

Reaction score
Look in the hacks forum for what you can do when rooted. From what I've read the Droid is running at max cpu already.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its not possible to overclock the droids processor yet because it requires a different kernel. Hopefully we will see a rom with this capability soon. The droid's cpu is underclocked by 50 mhz, but I was told that 50 mhz is not enough to tell a difference performance wise (but it does help with battery life).

Last edited:

xjman349

Reaction score
I dont think you can over clock just regular clock it to the standard processor speed.

Spectral

Reaction score
Overclocking right now is not possible. Like said earlier there is a kernel needed in order to actually overclock the processor. Also said earlier, the Droids processor right now is actually underclocked by 50 mhz to conserve battery and still perform very fast. At this point unless you are going to run the 2600 mAh or higher there is no real reason you should want to overclock the processor because it will just eat up the life of your battery.