Possible Ways to Crack the Bootloader

andylulzyou

Reaction score
The problem with this, and I'm just going to assume what P3 is saying is true for this post so don't jump on my back if you disagree.

We do know that he has some kind of connection with someone at Verizon or Moto to be able to get this leaks.

Now let's say that that person informs P3 of all of the issues and information he is releasing on twitter lately..

For whatever reason he is putting his trust in P3 to keep his identity secret or else he will lose his job.. and for all we know he could have a wife and 3 children to support

And even on top of that if that person loses his job then P3 loses his source.. and if that happened then none of these leaks would be possible.

The bottom line is that it sucks that we have to take P3 at his word because he could very well be lying but the very nature of the information he is getting requires him to keep quiet.

/Devil's advocate

plslowmo

Reaction score
I think what I am suggesting is pulling all the data directly from the nand chip in the phone. Im assuming thats how that guy got the RSA keys from the airplay. Unless moto has that encrypted too. Unfortunatly you would lose a phone in the process but I have seen ways to do it without removing the the chip from the board.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Chloenaiter

Reaction score
I'm just wondering why don't we just try to PROFESSIONALY spam Moto's facebook and twitter with stuff about the bootloader I just got bored and wrote a paragraph on their facebook because all i was seeing was the typical not very convicing "Unlock bootloader f**s" on there

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lol if you think spamming their twitter or facebook is going to do any good you need a reality check. They more than likely don't even look to see what is said. That said, if your going to do it, atleast do it maturely. Don't just say "unlock my bootloader you f*****s" or something like that. Those kind of post do more harm then good because it justifies them locking it because it makes us seem like 12 yeat olds....

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Chloenaiter

Reaction score
Lol if you think spamming their twitter or facebook is going to do any good you need a reality check. They more than likely don't even look to see what is said. That said, if your going to do it, atleast do it maturely. Don't just say "unlock my bootloader you f*****s" or something like that. Those kind of post do more harm then good because it justifies them locking it because it makes us seem like 12 yeat olds....

Sent from my Liberated D2G

It can't do harm and thats why I tried to write something that sounded somewhat edjumacted haha

pecord

Reaction score
how does rsd work when you sbf your phone? Could you listen to the traffic on the usb port and maybe find a way to crack the bootloader?

plslowmo

Reaction score
Theres a program called snoopypro that can do that. I tired that out but its mainly hex, and I dont know how to read hex.

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Actually USBTrace is a little bit easier to use but still all in hex.

I really like that idea... there aren't any hex translator/interpreter programs or something? It's in that hex.. right? It can't be encrypted if its being used directly, so it's there. We just can't read it right now. PM me if you are lacking software or something.

{{ WugFresh }}

plslowmo

Reaction score
It all depends if rsdlite encrypts through the usb. Ill look into this later and try to understand some of this hex stuff.

teh_g

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it is odd that we can used RSDLite to sbf back to Froyo after upgrading to Gingerbread? Could there be something to that?

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it is odd that we can used RSDLite to sbf back to Froyo after upgrading to Gingerbread? Could there be something to that?

It's because it was a soak test. Like a RC basically. I bet when the OTA drops, the bootloader will be updated. Its the same now so that testers can can go back to froyo if they need to.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It all depends if rsdlite encrypts through the usb. Ill look into this later and try to understand some of this hex stuff.

Word. Let me know. I would be happy to help on that concept, it sounds viable in theory.

{{ WugFresh }}