Possible Ways to Crack the Bootloader

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't believe theses threads get this large, Really??? Come on.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay well it was only a number, anyways if it was about 50% of people they would be losing a huge amount of money from tethering and would have done something a long time ago. So lets try and be you know above the age of 6 and stop tearing peoples heads off we are trying to do something for the common good so if you don't think it works then please get off our case let us waste our time, and if we fail great your right but if we get it then great we are right. This fighting about stupid stuff like a completely random number that I pulled out of the clouds that would be great. Anyways if we keep this up the thread could get closed and then there is a 0% chance of getting it. Right now we have atleast .1% . You'll always miss the shots you don't take. We are taking a shot so please lay off.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay well it was only a number, anyways if it was about 50% of people they would be losing a huge amount of money from tethering and would have done something a long time ago. So lets try and be you know above the age of 6 and stop tearing peoples heads off we are trying to do something for the common good so if you don't think it works then please get off our case let us waste our time, and if we fail great your right but if we get it then great we are right. This fighting about stupid stuff like a completely random number that I pulled out of the clouds that would be great. Anyways if we keep this up the thread could get closed and then there is a 0% chance of getting it. Right now we have atleast .1% . You'll always miss the shots you don't take. We are taking a shot so please lay off.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

hey I am all for what you guys are doing, fail or succeed you gotta atleast try. I got called a moron, I responded in a very civil way accordingly.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly we've gotta try. And yes thank you. I only want the people who call people morons to stop. If we all can act civil enough and work together we have a better chance. But thank you for being civil, its very nice.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Well if you'd actually take the time to find out how many root users there would be if we were really less than 1% of the community then I don't think you'd be looking too smart.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay I'm sorry, there's probably I lot more than I give credit to, I was just throwing out a number that I have read before. Just using it instead of taking the time to actually go in and look it up. But I will now be looking it up because I think it would be good to know if we are going to be petitioning moto.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

bplewis24

Reaction score
Actually, if you know anything about p3droid, you know that if he says he's got info regarding the android community, you can be pretty certain it's reliable.

It's interesting you would say that when his reputation among non-sycophants is far from stellar. If people believe as many as 60% of Android users are rooted I have some tap water to sell them that is personally endorsed by P3Droid.

Brandon

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
imo i think its around 15-20% are rooted and about 5-10 % rooted and rom'd 60 % is retarded and over inflated 30% could seem possible but unlikely

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just some quick math, there are 69.5 million smartphone users in the USA as of the end of february this year. Of those 33% are Android phones. That is 22,935,000 people. So let's take 30% of that which is 6,880,500. Are you going to honestly sit back and tell me almost 7 million people are modding their phones? Please understand I am not trying to disrespect anyone for thinking that is the case. I am simply showing it's just not even remotely close to 30%. It's not even 10%. It's under 5% and even that might be a tad high.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
imo i think its around 15-20% are rooted and about 5-10 % rooted and rom'd 60 % is retarded and over inflated 30% could seem possible but unlikely

No chance.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

No chance.

quite possible last year alone there were 32 million android phones shipped around the world 3.2 million rooted seems quite possible again only my opinion

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

No chance.

quite possible last year alone there were 32 million android phones shipped around the world 3.2 million rooted seems quite possible again only my opinion
everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not gonna bash anyone for thinking it's that high just cause I don't agree. I would love to see an actual number though. I don't know how they could ever truly track it though.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Okay I'm sorry, there's probably I lot more than I give credit to, I was just throwing out a number that I have read before. Just using it instead of taking the time to actually go in and look it up. But I will now be looking it up because I think it would be good to know if we are going to be petitioning moto.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

I didn't mean to offend you, but like I've said I think that the rooted community is much bigger than given credit for.

And secondly I said that P3Droid said 30-60% not me. I'd love to see his source for that but well.. it's P3Droid

I do think that it's above 10% but that could be because I surf many non-android related forums and more often than not all of the Android users are rooted. It's hard to put it in perspective because there are so many different forums and fragmentation amongst the community.

But it was noted that CM7 RC2 received over 150,000 downloads within the first 24 hours of release.

Which of course is not the 3 million, but it was only one day, on a few phones, and I have no idea how many countries they release in.

And then you have MIUI China, Germany Italy. And plenty of other non-mainstream roms.

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Well if you'd actually take the time to find out how many root users there would be if we were really less than 1% of the community then I don't think you'd be looking too smart.

"bring me two extension cords. I'ma measure my )@#&, !$%* I need six inches more"

That's what this is winding like now. So relax and read Wug